• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Happy 10th Birthday RtCW !

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

OFFLINE   GTNews

GTNews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
A step in the right direction
  • LocationUnited States

The first game Splash Damage ever officially contributed to: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, is 10 years old! RtCW, published by Activision, was released to the North American market on November 19th, 2001.
As a small treat from Splash Damage they uploaded a picture of a whiteboard with their original map design plans for one of their own map creations: The Damned. It will provide some small measure of insight into a map designers process, albeit 10 years old!

Release date(s)
Microsoft Windows: NA - November 19, 2001 / EU: November 30, 2001
Linux: March 16, 2002
Mac: OS X April, 2002

OFFLINE   phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
A step in the right direction
I remember November 2001 when RTCW came out. It was right after September 11th, and everyone in the US was scared and angry. Very diferent time than now.

Anyway, a guy from work was telling me about this new game that just came out. So I watched him play this new game called "Return to Castle Wolfenstein". It was awesome. A couple days later, I bought it for my old Compaq Presario (running Windows 98 on 40MB on RAM lol). I lagged like a fat kid in a bike race. I got a new computer, and I joined the "Ballz Clan", with my buddy from work, and we played RTCW on "Ark's Michigan Server" every night for about a year. Then Ark left the Ballz Clan, and we stopped playing on his server. Then I switched over to the "ECG Beach" server and played there until ET came out in May 2003.

I loved RTCW, glad to see people care about it after all these years.

Edited by phantasm, 24 November 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enemy territory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users