Happy 10th Birthday RtCW !

GTNews

http://www.rtcwmap.de/images/stories/rtcw/rtcw-10th-birhday.jpg

The first game Splash Damage ever officially contributed to: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, is 10 years old! RtCW, published by Activision, was released to the North American market on November 19th, 2001.
As a small treat from Splash Damage they uploaded a picture of a whiteboard with their original map design plans for one of their own map creations: The Damned. It will provide some small measure of insight into a map designers process, albeit 10 years old!

http://www.rtcwmap.de/images/stories/rtcw/rtcw-10th-birhday-1k.jpg

Release date(s)
Microsoft Windows: NA - November 19, 2001 / EU: November 30, 2001
Linux: March 16, 2002
Mac: OS X April, 2002

I remember November 2001 when RTCW came out. It was right after September 11th, and everyone in the US was scared and angry. Very diferent time than now.

Anyway, a guy from work was telling me about this new game that just came out. So I watched him play this new game called "Return to Castle Wolfenstein". It was awesome. A couple days later, I bought it for my old Compaq Presario (running Windows 98 on 40MB on RAM lol). I lagged like a fat kid in a bike race. I got a new computer, and I joined the "Ballz Clan", with my buddy from work, and we played RTCW on "Ark's Michigan Server" every night for about a year. Then Ark left the Ballz Clan, and we stopped playing on his server. Then I switched over to the "ECG Beach" server and played there until ET came out in May 2003.

I loved RTCW, glad to see people care about it after all these years.

Edited by phantasm