Doublejump problem...

cinco

Hi Silent team, I have a problem,.........

I have double jump enabled Jaymod style, but I noticed that in certain areas (the higherthe slope of Goldrush for example), the jump makes me a very nasty correction, it's like I stopped abruptly. I hope to explain it.

This happens for a server configuration? I've tried everything but I can not remove it.

O occurs at the client, to have a cvar with an incorrect value?

thanks

Edited by cinco

The problem liesin the cvarg_doubleJumpHeight, defaults to a value1.4,when we try to limit below that value, so that the second jump is not so high, it produces this effect.

In NQ g_doubleJumpHeight have limited the cvar to 1 and not have this effect.

You can see the effect on your server:

set g_misc33

setg_doubleJumpHeight 1 / /always less than 1.4

................and try to climb the hill of goldrush

Bug may be a processing this cvar?

Sorry for my English, saludosss desde Spain :)

Edited by cinco

• 3 weeks later...

The problem liesin the cvarg_doubleJumpHeight, defaults to a value1.4,when we try to limit below that value, so that the second jump is not so high, it produces this effect.

In NQ g_doubleJumpHeight have limited the cvar to 1 and not have this effect.

You can see the effect on your server:

set g_misc33

setg_doubleJumpHeight 1 / /always less than 1.4

Hola Cinco,

question: why are you setting g_misc to 33? i believe 32 is not used as stated in the manual. would g_misc 1 be the desired setting? i am just curious..

g_misc

1 Enable double jump

2 Enable binoc master competition. Requires g_weapons 64 to be set.

4 When a player is killed he can see the HP the killer has left

8 Disable self damage

16 Players can not jump if stamina is too low

32 Value is not in use

64 Disable Falling Damage

128 Announce revives

Also, it seems that when double jump is enabled you have to do the second jump sooner than i have been used to. i used to wait until the top of the arc of the first jump but now it must be done almost immediately. can this be adjusted?

EDIT:

g_misc 32 does smooth out the double jump to jump they way i was used to in jaymod but the documentations does not show what this setting is. so cinco's g-misc 33 setting is right. can the doc be updated to show what the 32 bitflag does?

Edited by carv

http://mygamingtalk....ver_Cvar#g_misc

g_misc

Description

Miscallenous options.

Parameters

Type: bitmask

1 Enable double jump.

2 Enable binoc master competition. Requires g_weapons 64 to be set.

4 When a player is killed he can see the HP the killer has left.

8 Disable self damage.

16 Players can not jump if stamina is too low.

32 Enable Jaymod style doublejump.

64 Disable Falling Damage.

128 Announce revives.

our test server 213.149.238.72:27980 Pass: tnt2, remains open so they can see the effect.

I would have liked to replace our current NQ mod for Silent earlier this year.

Thank you Happy New Year,.....................

Edited by cinco

• Management
The bitmask works so that flag 1 enables the double jump in general and if in addition the flag 32 is set, the second jump can be done even after the first jump has depleted the upward velocity. It is generally known as Jaymod style double jump.

• 7 months later...

I waited a reasonable time, to see if someone exposed the same problem on g_doublejumphight, .............................. but nothing.

Since the last time I explained my problem, many servers are installed with Silent, I have been to many, most, but many do not establish jaymod double jump, and those that do not limit the double jump with a g_doublejumphight value of less than 1.4.

I have reproduced the effect on multiple servers, and several computers with different facilities.

Now, I can only put here a video you can clearly see the effect, see the jump in the second 10, but occurs in all of them.

The double jump Jaymod style is established, and g_doublejumphight value is 1.

It may be paranoia, .................

I made 2 videos but do not have much quality, but that is not what I want.

A comparative double jump limit the Silent, this time to 0.5, we see the effect on any jump, not just up or on uneven terrain. And another mod in which I have limited the double jump to 1, here there is no effect to occur.

Silent g_doublejumpheight 0.5

Other Mod g_DJheight 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sometimes (especially when doing strafe jumps) I experience some bug which causes my jump is "interrupted" in the middle (I don't know if I described it correctly). I just checked and as far as I can see cg_optimizePrediction is enabled in my configs.

Sol can say more about it since he's way more experienced in trickjumping than me.

We chatted through private messages and it appeared the problem largely disappeared when cg_optimizePrediction was enabled in the client.

Yes, it improves prediction a little.

Have you excluded lag form it?

Yes, as Dragon said 'when doing strafe jumps' then its lagging because of prediction.

It is fully fixed a long time ago on etpro and jaymod also, but etrun fix it too.

More informations: ( https://github.com/boutetnico/ETrun )

Edited by Sol

• Management
Yes, as Dragon said 'when doing strafe jumps' then its lagging because of prediction.

Prediction doesn't generate lags.

Without cg_optimizePrediction there are lot of full predictions etc. The doublejump makes them even more visible. It is of course something to look into, but since cg_optimizePredicion improves FPS and makes the game smoother, without that amount of predition dublication, I would rather recommend to use it.

Thanks for the source. I would like to remind that these jumping style mods there usually isn't for example antiwarp that changes the things a little. This was the case when I imported the TJMod pmove_fixed fix into the mod. Based on the post made at the ETPub forums by dinius and also looking at the TJMod source code.

I'll ask from couple seasoned trickjumpers if there are small/significant effects when they are strafing. However, the effects are not that big that I would have noticed them.

• Management

I asked for strafe jump problems from couple of regulars on my server. The answer was that there are no such issues. There is one bug that is also in Jaymod, something called "speed bug". I can't explain it better because I don't have the trick jumping skills. It was the term that was said to me. Overall, the answers was that silEnt equals to Jaymod when it comes to strafe jumping.

The players I asked for the possible issues can be found from these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhilvSaYuOQ - UseMe&BlaZe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvdqLTzZthA&feature=plcp - ,=-

Have you excluded lag form it?

It usually happens when my lagometer looks like this:

http://obrazki.elektroda.net/62_1345908254.png

However, I don't have such problems on Jaymod for example (even if I lag/warp a bit).

Edited by Dragon

• 5 months later...
After huge number of games I can tell that I've got problems with jumping (which is warping during strafing) mainly at the evenings when my ping becomes unstable (90-100 compared to 80 at another time of day). This isn't related to numer of players on the server as I had same warps even on an empty server (client - cg_optimizePrediction 1, server - g_antiwarp 1). I don't know if it has something to do with the mod but I remember I used to play without any problems on Jaymod even when my ping was unstable. Anyway, I'm gonna check this out on a few major mods to see if there are any differences when my connection goes bad.

A movie as it cannot be seen on a demo:

http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/11130802/file.html

That's what I mean by warps during jumping. I'm pretty sure I was lag-free (ping around 80) while recording this but on the next week I'll do more tests with more mods (silEnT, ETPub, NQ, Jaymod) and record it once again with lagometer enabled.