Announces

carv

I installed my server a few days but i cannot get the killing spree sounds to work. I can see the text appearing on the client display and the spree cmd shows the right number but no sounds. i opened up the silent-0.5.0.pk3 and in the sounds/announces folder is empty. is it supposed to be?

I am going to add some sounds there but should they be empty by default?

• Management
It is empty on purpose. Often admins want to use their own custom sounds anyway if they want to use the spree sounds. However, often more traditional servers don't employ the sounds at all. We used to have a supplemental pk3 file in the downloads that included sounds for those announcements. But I'm not sure if it still exists in the downloads.

Thanks Gaoesa and Petbark! I uploaded the files and they work. i did see in the manual where it specifies where the files should go but i thought there would be some by default. its all good, i just thought I downloaded some incomplete files but now I know this is the way it is meant to be.

sorry didn't mean to double post but i cant edit the last post. :(

Here is a pk3 with those sounds if someone need s to copy it. just rename it to whatever you need zzz_yourclanname-spree.pk3

http://dl.dropbox.co...Spree-addon.pk3

Directory of zzz_CY4spree-addon.pk3

\sound\announces\

doublekill.wav

firstblood.wav

monsterkill.wav

multikill.wav

spree10.wav

spree15.wav

spree20.wav

spree25.wav

spree30.wav