• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

PPSH Error

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
This was their reply

Ive stripped back the install so there are no custom maps etc and we are still getting the same error. The server you are on is Win 2003 x64, all other mods work on our set up but not this one, sorry im at a loss?

Guess I won't be doing silent mod

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

Ask them if they can upgrade the machine to Win 2008 or change hosting :)

OFFLINE   Sol

Sol

• Coders
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationPoland
Better change to linux

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

The server you are on is Win 2003 x64, all other mods work on our set up but not this one, sorry im at a loss?

That is not a possible combination. Usual problem is with the Lua module being misplaced. However, you indeed should use up to date server software. Provided that 2008 is up to date as now it is the year 2012.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
I would switch and am already planning on it, but a member donated 10 pounds to the host site, so I'm kinda stuck in until the end of February now. I only have to pay 2 lbs this month

Edited by =EMP=Avery13, 17 January 2012 - 06:39 PM.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
We can build the Lua (5.1 this is the version most Lua's use that I know) into the qagame in the next version. This would resolve the problem with installations having problems with it.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
That would be great I think. The good news though: They updated my server! So it is running silent mod and recognizing it. Problem is that it won't run quite yet.. I am having them take a look at it. I'm payin $20 a month for an 18 slot server.. they can do somethin!

OFFLINE   JvIasterMind

JvIasterMind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
A step in the right direction

This was their reply
"The server you are on is Win 2003 x64, all other mods work on our set up but not this one, sorry im at a loss?"

That was the setup of our host as well. We tried everything and couldn't get silEnT to work. Hopefully building LUA into qagame will fix it. I waisted way too many hours on that problem! Sounds like the 64-bit Windows Server 2003 is a fairly common setup for ET hosts.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
I ended up getting it to work, just needed the host to update it

OFFLINE   phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
A step in the right direction
That's great Avery.

What exactly did he update? And what OS is he running now?

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
He updated to the Windows 2008 64-bit server I believe. It could be 32-bit though... no promises. My issue now doesn't involve this error anymore.. it envolves a punkbuster update!

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
Server was running with punkbuster and working just fine. It is now not working, and getting this error again.. i don't understand why this keeps happening... the host is saying that it is an issue with silent mod itself because no other mod is coming up with the error this many times.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
I checked with the to reasure my thoughts. The server is running on a 64-bit Windows 2008 server.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
They changed something which then broke the running server. It is not about the mod.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
Nothing was changed... it was running, and now it's not. Didn't know if it was a bug or not.. but since it is not the first time, I will be most likely moving the server to a different mod again. Thanks for the help, but since there seems to be no fix.. I don't want to leave my server in the dark for a while.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
It doesn't happen on it's own. It was running but then suddenly they can't get it up again. The choice of the mod is your own, but at this point if they really officially claim the servers installations just break on their own, you would do better with another hoster.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
I am already planning on moving my host after this month. The only reason I stayed this month was because I only paid $4 for this month. Got a 10 pound donation to the server from one of our members. When you are normally only paying 12 pounds a month.. mine as well stick out another month.

OFFLINE   Petbark

Petbark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Getting Better
Silent mod runs stable for us.

It only has a brief shutdown for clearing the log files to keep things tidy, which is my choice.

Our server is normally up for 9 to 14 days at a time.

I would think that they have not sorted PB out properly when they reinstalled the box.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
But it was running pb just fine for about a week. Everything was fine. Not sure what happened

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

This was their reply

Ive stripped back the install so there are no custom maps etc and we are still getting the same error. The server you are on is Win 2003 x64, all other mods work on our set up but not this one, sorry im at a loss?

Works on Windows 2003, 32 and 64 bit. Confirmed. I tested on my friends machine who is using Windows 2003. I use Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise but everything worked fine on his machine and took less then 15 mins to get it going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users