Problems with installation

Tosa_Inu

• Management

At least this is wrong: "fs_game nq"

yes :) I assumed that this is just a mistaken copy and paste from other configuration. Because later we can see proper lib being called:

Sys_LoadDll(/home/stocken/games/et/silent/qagame.mp.i386.so)...
Sys_LoadDll(/home/stocken/games/et/silent/qagame.mp.i386.so) failed:
"liblua5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Sys_LoadDll(/home/stocken/games/et/silent/qagame.mp.i386.so)...
Sys_LoadDll(/home/stocken/games/et/silent/qagame.mp.i386.so) failed:
"liblua5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

If it is not then this is of course wrong :)

yes :) I assumed that this is just a mistaken copy and paste from other configuration. Because later we can see proper lib being called:

If it is not then this is of course wrong :)

Yeah, sorry currently it is set to no quarter mod. Obviously normally it is "silent"

~/ equals to /home/stocken/

The root of the installation is indeed located in /home/stocken/games/et

• Management

The liblua5.1.so silEnT uses is binary equivalent with the versions NQ and ETPub uses (checked with md5sum).

Also, if you use the original etded script, that exports the directory of the etded.x86 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.), it should work with the liblua5.1.so placed by the etded script.

I wasn't able to "fail a server start" with equivalent command parameters when I tried to replicate them exactly.

If you have set up etpub server. The installation with the Lua library is exactly the same.

Yes, I reread the post now, I was hasty forst time, and Silencer is probably right. The liblua probably gets loaded form the ~/games/et/.

The place where liblua is loaded automatically, without exporting paths, is the directory what the running process sees as its working directory.

• Management

Is it possible that the: liblua5.1.so file is corrupted in the download file?

No :) But please check if liblua5.1.so has 163.5KB (167 423B) B)

Anyway, this is just a library we link against, you can download it from:

http://luabinaries.sourceforge.net/

We placed it in silEnT mod zip for convenience of users.

Does NQ en Jaymod also work with the liblua5.1.so files?

And might be oftopic but: how many servers are there currently online with this Silent mod?

Because in Splatterladder search list i only see 1 server with this mod.

But: your download contain the silent 0.1.4,

the server in splatterladder say: 0.1.5

I also see that the ET version is different than i run: 2.55, i run :Et 2.60B

So why do you offer a different version than you run yourselfs?

And is this mod tested with 2.60b?

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=649410

• Management

Does NQ en Jaymod also work with the liblua5.1.so files?

And might be oftopic but: how many servers are there currently online with this Silent mod?

Because in Splatterladder search list i only see 1 server with this mod.

But: your download contain the silent 0.1.4,

the server in splatterladder say: 0.1.5

I also see that the ET version is different than i run: 2.55, i run :Et 2.60B

So why do you offer a different version than you run yourselfs?

http://et.splatterla...info&idx=649410

We offer 0.1.4 to public because we are currently testing 0.1.5 which is an unofficial/testing release.

Once it is fully tested we will announce public release.

• Management

1. Does NQ en Jaymod also work with the liblua5.1.so files?

2. I also see that the ET version is different than i run: 2.55, i run :Et 2.60B

1. Like it has been previously stated in this thread, Jaymod does not use Lua. NQ does and it uses the same Lua binary as other mods that use Lua.

2. The test server uses 2.55+ patch from equalone http://equalone.hn.vc/index.php?index=6. The 2.55+ patch is practically a 2.60b binary that has been edited so it allows 2.55 clients to connect. If you connect to the server with 2.60b client, you will notice that it is 2.60b server.

We do test the mod before we make pubic releases. Bugs that need to be found and fixed is the reason why you don't have access to the latest build. However, because it is already on a public server, it will not take long when we will also make a public release.

The 0.1.4 build is fully functional. There is nothing more information to say then what has been said in this thread. If the game server provider has ensured the Lua binary is correct (compared the md5 results with a binary on a working server installation or has even copyed the file internally) then the reason can be startup script (though it looked alright), command line typo (we didn't see the actual command line but a copy paste from a different servers startup script) or a server.cfg with bad settings. Though I don't know any server cvars that could prevent the Lua lib from loading. I even tested that the server will start and load the Lua even if dedicated is not set to 2. Though you still may want to check this is set in the server.cfg because the command line didn't have it.

Please note that when I installed my server to the public 0.1.4, I used the same download that is available to the public here on this forum. Just to be sure the download has all that is needed so to speak.

• Management

Glad to hear it too. :)

We will hopefully soon release the 0.2.0 to public. The versions we are having on my server all aim to that version. I will write a step by step manual what steps must be done to upgrade the server to that version. The new user database/XP save system is the reason for them. Not much but old saved XP and levels will be lost. Sorry about that but it's only XP and levels can be set again. Also there is a new shrubbot command !givexp that can be used to give XP to any online/offline player and specifically define to what skill the XP is added.

Glad to hear it too. :)

We will hopefully soon release the 0.2.0 to public. The versions we are having on my server all aim to that version. I will write a step by step manual what steps must be done to upgrade the server to that version.

Well i hope thats ist easy to do this, otherwise i go back to old buggy Jaymod. :P

• Management

Well i hope thats ist easy to do this, otherwise i go back to old buggy Jaymod.

For updating it will be easy.

You will just need to update one game file .so/.dll depending on your server OS and client PK3 and then shrubbot files.

We will ship default shrubbot files and other files with default config settings.