ETEng release 0.3

Sol

The cvars go in server.cfg right?

Also, I would advise some documentation in this zip, as easy as it seems, and as obvious as the fixes are to some, major hosts may be hesitant to add this file because of the lack of documentation.

I just requested that gameservers.com add this file and edit the command line (since I don't have access), and they have said no in the past for things like 2.55+ patch and QMM...etc (until hundreds of people finally ask them).

Respectfully...

• Subscriber
The cvars go in server.cfg right?
Yes, I've put ours at the very end.

they have said no in the past for things like 2.55+ patch and QMM...etc (until hundreds of people finally ask them)

Our host are the opposite ? they've changed ours over but we cannot have two executables on the machine for the same game, so this means we have lost our NQ server as NQ doesn't support this executable :( we have been told of another one that we could use NQ with but that one doesn't support ETPro.

So we've had to choose which we use, our hosts want this one.

• Management

I just requested that gameservers.com add this file and edit the command line (since I don't have access), and they have said no in the past for things like 2.55+ patch and QMM...etc (until hundreds of people finally ask them).

They should change it if not, tell them you would leave and move to another host. It's pathetic from gs.com not to support good patches. I use them as host as well for one of my server. I haven't requested as of yet but I am planning to do by this weekend. Let me know what they say to you.

@ gaoesa

"./eteng.x86: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./eteng.x86)"

glibc too new for what gameservers uses on all of its ET servers I think :(

I have a virtual image of debian etch appliance ready to compile glibc 2.3.6 if you want it

@ HarryHomers

have you tried quake multimod (QMM), it works on NQ. I am trying to retire it on my servers though, as I think most mods already have its fixes.

Edited by icecom3

• Subscriber

@ HarryHomers

have you tried quake multimod (QMM), it works on NQ. I am trying to retire it on my servers though, as I think most mods already have its fixes.

yes I've tried it but I still get the same error and server shutdown.

--- Starting NQ server check ... ---
^1Error: No Quarter doesn't support ET version ETENG 0.3 linux-i386 Mar 25 2012.
Upgrade to 2.60b for Win/Linux or 2.60d for Mac.

:(

I'm sorry, but I had no time.

The project is closed and connected to ET:Legacy (http://etlegacy.com/)

^1Error: No Quarter doesn't support ET version ETENG 0.3 linux-i386 Mar 25 2012.

Upgrade to 2.60b for Win/Linux or 2.60d for Mac.

Yes, this is a bug in the /version/ server flag, but anyway new version of ET: legacy will be built all the functions of ETEng

Edited by Sol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...