Punkbuster kicks

Tosa_Inu

Hi,

Thanks to Hellreturn our test server is up and running hte SilentMod.

But, when we played there this afternoon with 3 clanmembers we all got a Punkbuster kick.

Disallowed prgram driver (120152)

We only have this kick on the SilentMod server.

When we play on our Jaymod or Nq server we don't have this kick.

First i wanted it to report it in the PBbans forum, but we think its related to this mod.

Anny ideas?

• Management

The kick happens also with many other games then just ET. I will connect to your server and play there a while to see do I get kicked. I usually get no kicks at all on PB servers.

Indeed, the mod hasn't been tested yet with punkbuster on.

Nice you got kicked too :P

I have no idea what sort of setting they mean.

But, i also read its a Pup kick, and about the macro's.

When it is a macro kick i have big troubles with it, i have 5 keybords and mouses, they all support macros..

I don't have a non macro key or mouse, to test it.

And i can ensure you al my pb files are the same on the 4 servers i run, stock settings files from PBbans MCi.

And in my 2 Jaymod and 1 NQ servers we don't get these kicks.

Edit, not all is stock, but on the silent server they are.

In jaymod i restricked some bob settings. But that has nothing to do with it.

• Management

My mouse supports MACROS too. I don't have normal mouse here with me to test it either.

I will start a punkbuster server with silEnT later today to see if it is something that generally happens with silent mod. I can also ensure that we haven't touched punkbuster code while making the mod :P.

• Management

I have now tested versions latest 0.1.8 and the downlaodable version from this forum 0.1.4 with punkbuster enabled. For a longer while without getting kicked. The punkbuster settings are stock settings.

The issue is with the pb settings.

About making a trouble ticket to evenbalance.

First of all, that response in the pbbans thread was given with very little understanding of punkbuster. We have indeed not written any program drivers into the mod. Also, I don't think this is a punkbuster bug either, as I have been unable to get kicked with stock punkbuster settings.

• Management
You said you have the exact same settings then with your other server. This sounds like you have copy pasted the pb files from other installations. Like I said, I haven't had any problems. I even enabled the punkbuster on my public server today. It is now waiting to start streaming to the pbbans. For proper installing of punkbuster I recommend you to delete the pb folder, start your server pb enabled and wait some 30 minutes for the punkbuster to autopupdate on the server. Then to get good configurations, use the hub tool from pbbans that will write the pbsv.cfg for your server. After that, it is up to you will you put the cvar/MD5 scans active to your server.

• Management

Hi Tosa_Inu,

I notice, you have HD ET on your server. Can you please replace it with regular packs and see if issue exists?

To test, please change your modified etmain packs to default one, i.e. pak0.pk3, pak1.pk3 and pak2.pk3.

I am assuming, that will fix your issue and if it doesn't we can look more into it.

Thanks!

I removed the ethd file.

I enabled pb, and the streaming.

First it looked like it was without a pb kick.

I left after 10 min

A clanmember of mine played on and he got kicked after 5 min.

So i reconnect and got a kick to.

Afterwards we get kicked after 2-3 min.

All files are standard in etmain.

There are some modified clan files in the server.cfg map, but those also run on my other 3 servers without pb problems.

Maybe it has someting to do with the streaming settings or the md5tool?

• Management

Thank you foxdie for information and help. We chatted for a while and made some tests and this problem is indeed in the mod. The reason for the failed tests (not getting kicked) were elsewhere.

Also, the response in the pbbans thread was correct too. Creating eb ticket can solve the problem but also takes time to work. Apologies for claiming it wasn't. We are working on this problem and probably hellreturn will inform you when we have working solutions.

• Management

Here is the response from Even Balance:

This kick is usually caused by one of the following progams running. Disabling them should stop the kick.

Ventrilo Chat Overlay

Team Speak Overlay

DxTweaker

ATI Tray Tools (depends on version)

Game Accelerator (uninstall, then reboot)

Mumble Overlay

EVGA Precision tool

In case you run Steam, please do the following:

* Open Steam

* Go to File-Settings

* Go to the tab in-game

* Uncheck the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" checkbox

* Press OK

* Restart Steam

If you do not have any of these programs running, open this ticket back up and state what you do have running, especially anything that might be similar to the above.

Ventrilo Chat Overlay

Team Speak Overlay

DxTweaker

ATI Tray Tools (depends on version)

Game Accelerator (uninstall, then reboot)

Mumble Overlay

EVGA Precision tool

I don't use non of the above, so it must be caused by something else.

Maybee they should remove this kick from there check list, cos a kick for using teamspeak or other voice programs???

And does Steam supports Enemy Territory? I never knew that.

For me it seams like Evenbalance doesnt know what causing this kick.

Edited by Tosa_Inu

• Management

Here is the consecutive update/reply to the ticket I have raised at evenbalance:

Note #4: Hello,

Please try again and let me know if you still see the 120152 kicking. If so, please send me the server IP that you were using if you don't mind.

So please try again and let me know if it still occurs. If it is then give me the server IP so I will update the ticket :)

Here is the consecutive update/reply to the ticket I have raised at evenbalance:

So please try again and let me know if it still occurs. If it is then give me the server IP so I will update the ticket :)

You must send them cgame_mp_x86.dll so they can add pattern for it.