enabled/disabled maps

Dookie

Hello, I was wondering is it possible to make smthing like this, lets say, similar thing exist in etpro, but its about weapons, its like when there are 12 people on server panzer became avialable, so I was thinking can we do the same thing with maps which are being voted? So lets say when there are up to 14-15 players on server server is showing smaller maps to be voted for, like supply,purefrag,...and so on, small in general, when there is like 20+, server is also showing bigger maps and so on, like daybreak, transmitter and such...wondering if there is a possibility of making such a thing, i mean commands like sv_maxpeoplemaps15 "supplydepot2,v2base,...."

sv_maxpeoplemaps30 "tranismitter,minastirith"

and so on...depends what people wants to set...lemme kno what u think of it ...thx

• Management
In the next version there is possibility to execute mapconfig settings based on player amounts. That is not exactly what you are requesting and it will remain to be seen if it works well in the end. Mapconfigs are executed in the map start so the player amount can be different just before the intermission. But if we think that the player amount will increase and decrease map by map around the most utilized time, it could also work. This will of course apply to all the possible settings and commands.

• Management

From the documentation:

Starting from silEnT version 0.5.2, admins can add settings that executed for specific player amounts. The commands are enclosed in [players low-high] ... [/players] blocks. The low is the lowest amount of players for those settings and high is the maximum amount of players for those settings. For example:

[players 0-10]

set team_maxPanzers 0

[/players]

will disable panzerfaust when player amount is less or equal to 10. The blocks can be placed anywhere in the map config files. If the block is closed with [/players], the following commands do not depend on the player amounts. The player blocks can not be nested. If two player blocks follow each other, the second definition opens a new one and the old one closes. For example:

[players 0-15]

set g_excludedMaps ":mlb_temple:"

[players 16-*]

set g_excludedMaps ":adlernest:"

[/players]

will exclude map mlb_temple if the player amount is less or equal to 15 and exclude map adlernest if the player amount is 16 or more. The player amount counting is controlled with g_playerCounting server cvar.

Actually it is good that this came up so that admins can give their opinions for the player count calculation. At the moment, from documentation:

g_playerCounting

Description

This cvar controls how the player amount is calculated for the mapconfigs. The player amounts are calculated from the actual map and from the warmup period. Both of these values are separate. When using filtering and executing mapconfigs at the end of warmup, the value will be the low or high value from the previous map and the low or high value of the warmup. The lowest amount of players means the lowest number of simultaneous connected players during the game or warmup period. The default behaviour is to calculate the highest number of simultaneous connected players.

Parameters

Type: bitmask

1 Using the lowest amount of players instead of the highest which is the default.

2 Enable filtering. This will add the 2 latest values together and divide them by 2.

Default: 2

If there is something you would,all admins reading this thread, like to add or point out it would be appreciated.

Sorry for double post but I know an additional to this idea. Is it also possible to exclude simular maps, like this.

Maps on server:

Supplydepot2

supplydepot3

supply_pro

Is it possible to exclude all 3 maps if u played one of these last round?

This would become very messy with cvars. You could try using Lua to add maps to the excluded list.

yea it would be rly complicated to setup all that, i think that my idea is just enough considering maps, that it would do good job.

• 1 month later...

From the documentation:

Actually it is good that this came up so that admins can give their opinions for the player count calculation. At the moment, from documentation:

If there is something you would,all admins reading this thread, like to add or point out it would be appreciated.

Starting from silEnT version 0.5.2, admins can add settings that executed for specific player amounts. The commands are enclosed in [players low-high] ... [/players] blocks. The low is the lowest amount of players for those settings and high is the maximum amount of players for those settings. For example:

[players 0-10]

set team_maxPanzers 0

[/players]

will disable panzerfaust when player amount is less or equal to 10. The blocks can be placed anywhere in the map config files. If the block is closed with [/players], the following commands do not depend on the player amounts. The player blocks can not be nested. If two player blocks follow each other, the second definition opens a new one and the old one closes. For example:

[players 0-15]

[players 16-*]

[/players]

will exclude map mlb_temple if the player amount is less or equal to 15 and exclude map adlernest if the player amount is 16 or more. The player amount counting is controlled with g_playerCounting server cvar.

g_playerCounting

Description

This cvar controls how the player amount is calculated for the mapconfigs. The player amounts are calculated from the actual map and from the warmup period. Both of these values are separate. When using filtering and executing mapconfigs at the end of warmup, the value will be the low or high value from the previous map and the low or high value of the warmup. The lowest amount of players means the lowest number of simultaneous connected players during the game or warmup period. The default behaviour is to calculate the highest number of simultaneous connected players.

Parameters

Type: bitmask

1 Using the lowest amount of players instead of the highest which is the default.

2 Enable filtering. This will add the 2 latest values together and divide them by 2.

Default: 2

hey, has this been added officaly to 0.5.2 version?

And if yes, where do I write these lines?

[players 0-15]

[players 16-*]

[/players]

in server.cfg or where? thx man

and what g_playercounting cvar should i be using? since in new docs are like this:

1 Enable filtering. This will add the 2 latest values together and divide them by 2. 2 No player counting during warmup. 4 Count spectators into players. Without this flag, only players in the playing teams are counted. Default: 1 I was thinking that using g_playercounting 6 would fits the best.

Edited by Dookie

let me explain this last part a lil bit more, basiclly what I want that when some map ends server recognize current amount of players and during the intermission it calculate's amount of players on server atm and then it shows the maps which are enabled for 20 players or for 10 and so on, so im not sure what g_playerscounting number should I be using, thx

• Management

Counting the players during the intermission for the map voting is too late. You should just experiment with the settings and see when it fits your server best. Also, you can use slightly wider values in the players block definitions.

The [players x-x] blocks can be put in any of the mapconfig files. For example in the default.cfg where you have already put some settings.

but sorry man but i dont understand that g_playercounting at all, I read desrciption nd everything but still dont get it..

especially this

Enable filtering. This will add the 2 latest values together and divide them by 2.

basiclly what I want to setup on my server is, ive got sum big nd sum small maps on it, for example purefrag and industry, now I want to set that for example purefrag map can only be voted while there is up to 14 players on server, and map industry became avialable for voting when there is 20+ players on server, how do I make that happend? What g_playercounting number do I use? thanks, sorry for my noob behaviour but its kinda confusing 2 me :D

Edited by Dookie

• Management

The server stores 2 latest counts. When the configs are run and this flagis set, it will count them together and divide by 2. With default settings these values are always the warmup and the previous map. If you disable the warmup counting, these will be 2 latest maps. If you disable the filtering too,it will be just the previous map. If you have filtering disabled and warmup counting enabled. It will always be the latest value.

The mapconfigs are executed when map changes and when map starts after warmup.

Ok thanks for ur answers nd patience, but for a 1st time in long time im totally lost, I still dont understand ANYTHING u trying to tell me :D, so guess im just gonna have to wait on my friend nd see if he can understand what r u sayin here :D, cuz basiclly everything i want is like ive posted before:

ive got sum big nd sum small maps on it, for example purefrag and industry, now I want to set that for example purefrag map can only be voted while there is up to 14 players on server, and map industry became avialable for voting when there is 20+ players on server, how do I make that happend? What g_playercounting number do I use?

I dont wanna anything else :D, but still thanks for ur support.

• Management

I suggest using [players] blocks that are little off. It should help with having the correct numbers better.

For example:

[players *-14]

set g_excludedMaps ":industry:"

[players 15-19]

set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:industry:"

[players 20-*]

set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:"

[/players]

The idea in the player counting is that the player numbers don't jump from 8 to 22 over very short time. But rather 10 -> 15 -> 23 way. But indeed it is possible sometimes the values are off for a map.This needs some experimenting from admins to find the best values for their servers. Also ll suggestions relating to this are welcome, but please post them to the support forum. Also note that this feature is not only for the maps but for any commands admins may want to execute for the map.

hey, what I did now is:

ive addted this to my default.cfg

[players 0-1]

[/players]

ive got set g_playercounting 5

and there was 2 of us players on server, but still everytime map purefrag is still on the list of votable maps, what am I doing wrong?

• Management
Player 0-1 means that when there are 1 player or less on the server. If you want to disable from 2 players, then 0-2 would work. Since you have the flag 4 set aswell, it will count the spectators into the full player count as well. Not only the players who are in teams.

ok now ive tried with 0-2 when there was 2 players on server and map disapperead from the list nicely, but now Ive put back 0-1 and there is still 2 players on server and did few time's nextmap nd all, but map is not coming back on list, btw ive changed playercounting to 4, any ideas why? thx

• Management

You need to have default setting for the g_excludedMaps that willrestore the value. These are not like forced cvars on the client side, but just like normal server config cvars. Once you set something it will remain until it is set again. Even over server restarts if the cvar is archived type.

EDIT:

An example

set g_excludedMaps ""
[players 0-2]
[/players]

The order is important. The commands that are later in the config override the commands already execed.

You need to have default setting for the g_excludedMaps that willrestore the value. These are not like forced cvars on the client side, but just like normal server config cvars. Once you set something it will remain until it is set again. Even over server restarts if the cvar is archived type.

Now u lost me again, what r u suggesting me to do?