• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

longer private messages

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia
Hello, ive seen that lenght of private message is limited, so tons of time's it happends that it doesnt send whole message, so i have to do it in 2 messages, so I was thinkin if maybe is possible to in chat area is current lenght of the message, but if message is even longer that you can read full message when you open console...dunno if is possible, but would be good improvment if you ask me :D

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
It's a good suggestion. However, for new players opening the console is not as simple as experienced players might think. It might result players getting cut messages that they don't know how to read. As a method of limiting the chat spam while allowing long messages it is very good proposition.

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia
well still, i think it would be great fix...

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia
hello, sinc ethis hasnt been added in silent mod 0.5.2 im begging that to be added in 0.5.3 version, cuz its pissing me nd my temmates, i mean i write a message not that long and then i realize that half part is missing, can you please relong them in next realase?

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
I would argue that people who use private messages probably know about the console anyways ;)

Maybe put the word "(TRUNCATED)" at the end of the string in the chat area so it is clear to look in console?

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia

I would argue that people who use private messages probably know about the console anyways ;)

Maybe put the word "(TRUNCATED)" at the end of the string in the chat area so it is clear to look in console?

yea cool idea.

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia
So anything goin to happend about this here? Would love to be able to send normal private messages, cuz somehow they are always being cut in half :D

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia

any possiblity of this being done?

OFFLINE   TheSilencerPL

TheSilencerPL

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

will take a look at it, but don't promise anything as the console is only invoked from the mod code and is handled externally by the engine. At least that's how I see it now. Maybe after some research I will change my point of view.

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia

Anything new about this feature? Now when silent bug is fixed, this is like only thing im missing...Hate when i write sentence and then last 2 words or smthing is missing...

Edited by Dookie, 10 August 2013 - 11:21 AM.

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

If it is unlimited, it might be abused. But what I'd like to see is unlimited adminchat, only people with right permissions might use it so there's no risk in making it unlimited (?), or at least increasing its max length drastically.

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia

If it is unlimited, it might be abused. But what I'd like to see is unlimited adminchat, only people with right permissions might use it so there's no risk in making it unlimited (?), or at least increasing its max length drastically.

I didnt mean to make it unlimited but to make it a bit longer, maybe for 1 line more or smthing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users