An update to the Portal 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Added more descriptive error messages to common publishing failures.
- Optimizations and rendering improvements for the Puzzle Maker.
- Fixed compile error from fizzlers in certain orientations.
- Fixed stacked goo creating kill triggers that spanned between the two levels of goo.
- Fixed connection symbols potentially leaking outside the map, causing maps to fail compiling.
- Fixed some lightboards not showing their map titles and tags properly
- Fixed compiler error when trying to compile certain very large maps.
- Localization fixes and additions.
- Autosaves made while playing workshop/puzzlemaker maps no longer conflict with singleplayer saves.
- Fixed glass not having collision before being moved after being dropped in.
- Fixed paint dropper arc becoming weird while extruding.
- Fixed going through portals on angled platforms in goo killing the player.
- A loading screen will always show up when playing puzzlemaker/workshop maps and dying or restarting the maps.
- Using puzzlemaker_export to export a custom vmf will make the player start in the elevators and not spawn the triggers that restart the map when walking in the exit hallway
- Better progress indication for compiling puzzles.
- Paint is valid on goo and buttons now.
- Fixed a crash on completing the preview puzzle.
- Fixed the first item in the map list not always showing valid information.
- Fix a variety of bugs (some Mac-specific, mostly platform-independent) which made the texture filter setting in the Advanced Video Options act incorrectly.
- Fixed bug with light strips and fizzlers sometimes changing the portalability of the surface they were on during export.
- Fizzlers are now properly sorted when a portal shot hits a fizzler. This makes the correct fizzler light up when there are multiple fizzlers along the portal shot.
- Better item handle interactions.
- The catapult target is now copyable. Copying the target will drop a catapult on the spot and attach a target to your cursor.
- Fixed the box dropper and paint dropper disappearing if you did Undo past their creation, then Redo back through it.
- Fixed hitting "Undo" while dragging causing weird behaviors.
- "Bendy" player model appears in all community map chambers now
- Right mouse button clicking on a solid volume selection boundary surface no longer clears selection.
- Bound 'view reset' to H as well as Home, for Mac users without a Home key
- Removed bad keyvalues from elevator_exit instance
- Fixed a crash due to deleted items not removing their collision entries
- Fixed glass and rail platforms computing the wrong extents just after being undeleted.
View the full article
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users