Historical truth

TheSilencerPL

• Management

Hi, I started this thread to find out how the history is known by us.

Many of us play ET, right? So I started wondering, after some media accident that happened recently, if anyone of you people know the historical facts that stand behind that game. I am curious how the history is being presented in your country and if it is really a true history.

OK, let's get to the point :)

Recently U.S. president Barack Obama referred to "a Polish death camp" while posthumously awarding the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski.

And now the question:

Does anyone now what the problem is?

Please state your opinions and share the information about how the history is taught in your country and first of all what is your personal knowledge about this topic.

Remember, I stared this topic out of the curiosity, I want the discussion about it.

If somehow you don't know what this all is about, please read this:

http://en.wikipedia....mp"_controversy

Answer:

it should be named as: German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp

Yes, it was a huge mistake with his hand.

Just as everyone knows without Obama, they were German camps, but also Poles working there. ironic isn't it?

I'm from Lublin and I know quite well the story of the Majdanek, every day as I go to school I see the barracks at Majdanek and the 'very green grass'

• Management

Here is some nice explanation why such mistakes shouldn't happen at all:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jun3fzsHXj8[/media]

However there is still one thing that concerns me, those camps were not run by some alien nation called Nazi, they were German camps. This is another side of the story.

• Management

In Finland everyone knows the camps located in Poland were created and operated by nazi germans. Even when they know the location. The emphasis is on nazi german.

EDIT:

Now looked the video related to the linked video, the original part of the speech. Certainly that was a huge mistake to mix "Polish" and "in Poland" even if it would have been necessary to state at all in the whole context.

• 2 weeks later...
In the US we are taught that the Germans ran many death camps inside Poland. Some Poles supported the Nazi effort and helped them. But most Poles hated the Germans and resisted them. The Poles lost millions of their own people fighting off the Germans, far more than some other European countries who had more resources but did not try as hard. So we respect the Poles.