The purpose of VCMI project is to rewrite entire HoMM 3: WoG engine from scratch, giving it new and extended possibilities. We hope to support mods and new towns already made by fans but abandoned because of game code limitations.
VCMI is a fan-made open-source project. Few years of intensive work resulted in creating application with impressive amount of features. Among current features are:
- Support for HoMM 3 graphics and maps of any size
- Scennario selection menu
- Adventure map with all objects, sailing, casting spells
- Complete town interface, hero window, exchange screen, kingdom overview, thieves' guild
- Battles: handling most of spells, creature banks, sieges, stack queue, basic battle AI
- Various game mechanics: grail, combined artifacts, hero specialities, win and loss conditions and more
- High resolutions
What VCMI is NOT:
VCMI is not another mod. It does not aim to add new content or modify original mechanics. However, in the future it will be a base for other projects which do so.
The power of open-source:
As stated above, VCMI engine is still in development. However, some of HoMM 3 communities have already ported our engine for many portable devices:
Read more about the project at vcmi.eu.
You can download the newest release (0.89) here.
You can obtain VCMI sources here.
Of course, I made few screenshots for you, folks