Minimum map time limit

jaie

I'm not sure if this is already a feature, but the option to have a cvar which forces the map to continue for a specific amount of time.

So if it was set to 10 minutes, and we are playing siwa oasis and both guns are destroyed in 3 minutes, the map would continue for 7 minutes and then end with the allies winning.

If both guns were destroyed in 13 minutes, the map would end immediately like a normal match.

• Management

Sounds interesting with one exception. It should work in a way it would disable the map goals for that period of time. This can be very hard to determine by the mod which targets are the map winning targets.

Maybe a less then perfect solution would be to just continue the map and check the exit rules first time when the time has passed. Dunno. Needs some thinking and another problem is that it would easily look like a bug when the map refuses to end :P

When I played nitmod for the first time, I initially thought it was a bug because the map wasn't ending lol, but eventually I realised that it was a team death match. Which is where I got the idea to have the map continuing after the objective is destroyed/completed, cause I don't really like the idea of stopping people do the map goals because it often ends up with them being able to do it at an earlier point of the match, but the defending team winning because of the limit.

But I'm not sure if its possible to combine these ideas, because I think they just changed the map goals to team deaths. (I know very little about modding.)

To avoid the confusing of it being a bug, if a count down timer in red was placed next to the map objective timer. So that the countdown timer could make it more obvious when the map would finish and would look less like a bug.

Also would it be possible to 'limit the limit' :P to 15 minutes, so that any value above 15 minutes would mean that the map would finish normally.

I could see someone miss typing it and end up with 150 minutes lol.

Edited by jaie