silEnT release 0.5.2 - server patch

TheSilencerPL

• Management

Download attachment: silent_0.5.2_server_patch.zip

Download

We have found couple of issues which required new build of server binaries. Since your server stability matters to us we are releasing new server side binaries. Admins who are currently running 0.5.2 version need to just upload contents of the silent directory from the attached silent_0.5.2_server_patch.zip file in their silent mod folder.

For new admins who plan to use our mod they just need to download the 0.5.2 package and upload it on server as we have updated our 0.5.2 official download package. Patch is only needed for servers who are using 0.5.2 server files before July 08.

Things fixed in the patch:

• Fixed: It was not possible to set level higher then 32 as rcon.
  • Fixed: thrown knife dodging with the haft after bounce.
  • Fixed: FS_HandleForFile error. Fatal error introduced in the 0.5.2.
Download

Enjoy!

silEnT mod team

Click here to view the article

• Management

thanks for the update, but since ive updated to 0.5.2 and it was before july 08, i didnt have any probs on my server, should I still update my server with this patch or?

Yes indeed you need patch because you had server files released before July 08, 2012. :)

Admins downloading full package after July 08 don't need the patch.

Yes indeed you need patch because you had server files released before July 08, 2012. :)

Admins downloading full package after July 08 don't need the patch.

thank you for the info, will update it tomorrow or so!

• Management

This patch does not address the issue of players getting diconnected for invalid silEnT GUID if they don't finish connecting by the end of the warmup. However, the problem only concerns players that are new connections. Not the players that have already connected during previous maps, not even if they would be CONNECTING over the whole warmup.

This patch addresses server stability and couple other fixes we already made for the next version.

Maybe a stupid question, but I am used to xD

Just to avoid for new players to download 2 files: the "bugged" 0.5.2 of 3.5MB and the patch of 2.4MB, is it possible to simply re-download the new 0.5.2 pk3 and replace it on the server ?

I ask this question because I'm afraid that my old players, having already the same file-name, maybe will not download the new one (I run sv_pure=1) ?

And please, what is the consequence of FS_HandleForFile error: client crash ? server crash ? or else ?

Thanks, and GG silEnT !

:ph34r:

• Management

The 0.5.2 full download is upate with the fixed server binaries. The patch download is ment for those who want to just replace the buggy binaries. There is no need to download the patch if the 0.5.2 is downloaded after the patch was made. From this site at least. I can't be sure what files different third party download sites use. The way to be sure what version is used on the server is to use the /silent_version command, and see if the server binary date is at least July 8 2012. The silent_version is a client console command.

The consequence of FS_HandleForFile error is that the server will stall. It doesn't crash but it will still halt completely.