Compiling silEnT mod for AROS

BSzili

Hi!

I recently ported ET to AROS (http://aros.org), and I would like to provide support for popular mods. Would you mind letting me compile an AROS native version of the silEnT mod? I don't mean to leak or steal the sources. I just want the AROS players to have more choice, since most of the ET servers run some kind of mod.

• Management

Really interesting project. I would like to help you with that. Unfortunately we don't give access to the source to anyone except team members. If it is possible to run AROS in a virtul box maybe I could build the binaries for you. There are some dependencies to the system that would need to be stripped before building the client binaries. For example the binary check in the client. On the serverside, I think only the Lua library might cause problems. That could be left out of it aswell.

Is your plan to get AROS users play on the same servers as the current players are, or do you have your own servers + list? If you intend to play on the usual linux/windows servers, the servers woud need to have the sv_pure not set. To avoid downloading the client pk3 from the server.

AROS can be run on Linux as an userland program, or native in any virtualization software like VirtualBox. I can help you compiling it, you only need a custom makefile, and some minimal modifications to the *_main.c files to export the corrent functions, and the library which has to linked to the DLLs.

I planned to allow the AROS clients to connect to the current windows/linux servers. I already implemented a workaround, which makes the clients pass the pure server verification with the AROS DLLs. This could mean a security threat, but i doubt there are any ghastly people who would play on AROS just to use their hacked DLLs or whatever. This workaround doesn't affect non pure PK3s, just sets the correct referenced flags of mp_bin.pk3 (or whichever PK3 with the stock DLLs and SOs).