Separate custom commands

Dragonji

It would be much appriciated if you could separate custom defined shrubbot commands from the original built-in ones. I have around 60 custom fun commands on the server and most of the admins are complaining because they see too many commands and don't exactly know which ones are for fun and which actually are for managing the game. I was thinking about such !help's output structure:

]!help
silEnT admin commands available for you:
admintest list userlist showbans ...more_commands

Custom commands available for you:
command1 command2 command3 ...more_commands

help: x available commands
Type !help [command] for help with a specific command.

I like the idea of allowing color coding the commands better than categorizing them.

As another idea, what about listing custom commands in the order listed in the shubbot.cfg file and always after all the built-in commands? This way you could order them exactly as you prefer without needing a special naming convention. Although, I'm not sure how it would feel not having them in alphabetical order (even though server admins could put them in alphabetical order if needed).

Edited by JvIasterMind

• Management
As another idea, what about listing custom commands in the order listed in the shubbot.cfg file and always after all the built-in commands? This way you could order them exactly as you prefer without needing a special naming convention. Although, I'm not sure how it would feel not having them in alphabetical order (even though server admins could put them in alphabetical order if needed).

This is how it is already.

• Subscriber

when a higher ranked player was testing the various sound commands, he accidentally did a !lol command (thinking it was another sound)! And, of course, it was right in the middle of a match! :P

I have no idea what you're talking about ;) Right in the middle of a tense Caen if I recall correctly :rolleyes:

Yes, I love this idea of color codes better - much easier to catagories them. Leave the standard silEnT ones white and then allow codes in the command block so we could group them as we see fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

which field of the command text should the color codes be on? When I do !help, I think what I see is what is in the 'command' field. I don't know what the 'desc' field is even used for tbh.

[command]
command = The name of the command.
exec = The executed command. These must be commands available to /rcon and these will be executed with rcon privileges.
desc = The help description of the cmmand.
levels = Space separated list of levels this command is allowed.

Also - this will need to be updated: http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Silent_Shrubbot

Thanks.