• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Showing artillery strike area on command map

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO

Thought it might be a useful feature to minimize team kills for artillery strikes by perhaps showing the strike radius on the team command-map.  Is this something that is possible?

I was thinking like a green opaque circle in the area where a strike is occuring so you might be able to see it and be able to avoid it.     Sorta how like mortar rounds show up on the command-map.

Of course this could be a server var to turn this feature on and off, and I'm assuming a clientside cvar.

(See the attached screenies for an example of what I mean --- the green area would be visible only to teammates and would signal the current blast radius of a current artillery barrage).

Thanks for the consideration.

Attached Files

OFFLINE   JvIasterMind

JvIasterMind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
A step in the right direction

I like this idea! Do airstrikes show up on the map already (without the radius)?

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO

Might also help a field ops really be able to pinpoint barrages on choke points instead of potentially wasting half the shells on roofs or something.

OFFLINE   JvIasterMind

JvIasterMind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
A step in the right direction

I have another feature request that is related to this one. What about having an option for enemy artillery strikes that are within a covert ops' line of sight to show on the team's command map as well (but maybe red instead of green)? I feel like covert ops is the least utilized class in the game, and this would help add extra utility to the class.

Edited by JvIasterMind, 27 December 2012 - 07:22 PM.

OFFLINE   Chuckun

Chuckun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
On a distinguished road
Awesome idea BECK! And Jv's addition too! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users