Some players losing level and XP on map change?!

carv

HI,

I am having a weird issue that started a few weeks ago. Some of our players will lose XP and level on a map change or reconnect while other players do not. it seems to affect some of the new players joining (new to our server but not new to ET as I have known them for years)

The server was started in march and at first things seemed fine but now some new players are suffering this issue while other new players are ok.

Also, i have checked with the installation of some of the players and they are fine on other silent server (which tell me their game folders and permissions (admin right, compatibility mode) to folders and installation are fine) so it seems to point to an issue in my database or configuration. since it only affects some players i tend to think it is more a db issue so i stated doing !usersearch command to see if i can find any anomalies and i see that the players losing level have multiple userdb entries. could this be the problem?? i compared this to the users that do not have any issues and they appear only once while the affected users appear many times.

affected user (losing xp and level every map change)

10:05:37 AM:> !usersearch name alicia
-------------------------------------
USERSEARCH - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Page 1/(1)
 Searching from names for: alicia
 Searching from levels for: levels not included
 Searching from IPs for starting: IPs not included
__#____|_silEnT ID_|__PBGUID__|___Last Seen___|________IP________|_Level_|_Ban_|___Name__
     1 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     2 |     | -SG-Alicia
     4 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
     5 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
     2 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        4 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
     3 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        4 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
     6 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
     7 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     2 |     | -SG-Alicia
     8 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
     9 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     2 |     | -SG-Alicia
    10 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     0 |     | -SG-Alicia
    11 |  D6C243C2 | 23745B19 |        3 days |    69.206.68.160 |     2 |     | -SG-Alicia
USERSEARCH - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

unaffected user:

Searching from names for: tom
 Searching from levels for: levels not included
 Searching from IPs for starting: IPs not included
__#____|_silEnT ID_|__PBGUID__|___Last Seen___|________IP________|_Level_|_Ban_|___Name__
     1 |  1F4C8B6E | BE84CF9B |       11 mins |     86.136.185.6 |    30 |     | Cy4|TomaHawk

so first question: does it sound like my user db is corrupt?

if so should i manually delete the users or is there a way to save or export the db and then remove the duplicates?

Or am i totally off in my thinking it is a db issue? if so what other possibilities could it be?

btw i am on  silent 6.3 and this is a newer server that has only had that version on it.

also here is the xp portion of  my cfg file

// XP Save configuration
set g_XPSave 21
set g_XPSaveMaxAge_xp "12o"
set g_XPSaveMaxAge "12o"
set g_XPSaveMinXP "-1"
set g_damageXP "0"
set g_damageXPLevel "50"
set g_maxXP "-1"
set g_xpdecay "0"
set g_xpdecayrate "0"
set g_xpdecayfloor "0.0"

Thanks!!

Also i just noticed in my silent/Database folder i have two userxpdb and two userdb. I did not create nor copy the second ones there so am not sure why this has occurred. but this does some to point to a db issue, no?

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll448/carvster1/ScreenHunter_01Apr111054.jpg

Hi Carv

My server has multiple userxdb files so don't think it is that.

The XP settings would not affect levels to my knowledge.

Just reread your post and my database file permissions are set to radfw(0664) might be worth a look.

I think that this info might not get saved to the database until the end of the map so if things change halfway through then all info is lost. I sure I read this somewhere. I will see if I can find it.

@ diabolik

12o means 12 months

s - seconds

m - minutes

d - days

w - weeks

o - months

Edited by Petbark

• Management

The different database files are expained in the Wiki http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Silent_Shrubbot#Shrubbot_Files The files with _v(xx) are results of database conversions. The database used to be from versions used before the 0.5.2 and the conversion saved the old database files with _v03 file endings.

It seems that there is new record created for the player everytime he connects to the server. Do you have QMM or some Lua script that might interfere with the mod. As you can find the same player multiple times, it is not a question of database corruption, but the old record is not found when it is looked up. This effect was caused by !readadmins command in the older versions.

You can make an additional check using the log that the affected players have consistently the same full (32 character) GUIDs from map to map.

Just reread your post and my database file permissions are set to radfw(0664) might be worth a look.

I think that this info might not get saved to the database until the end of the map so if things change halfway through then all info is lost. I sure I read this somewhere. I will see if I can find it.

Thanks Pete, Originally these were at 644 but thinking it might be a write permission issue i changed it to 777 just before i posted.

The different database files are expained in the Wiki http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Silent_Shrubbot#Shrubbot_Files The files with _v(xx) are results of database conversions. The database used to be from versions used before the 0.5.2 and the conversion saved the old database files with _v03 file endings.

It seems that there is new record created for the player everytime he connects to the server. Do you have QMM or some Lua script that might interfere with the mod. As you can find the same player multiple times, it is not a question of database corruption, but the old record is not found when it is looked up. This effect was caused by !readadmins command in the older versions.

You can make an additional check using the log that the affected players have consistently the same full (32 character) GUIDs from map to map.

Gaoesa, I do not have QMM running and yesterday afternoon i started using a spec.lua script but the problem had been occurring for a week prior to me introducing the script..

I just checked the logs and i do see the same players joining each map with the same (full length) silent uid and pbguid

12130:16 Userinfo: \cg_ident\0000000018D13D022243\cg_etver\4\cg_cmodbuild\win-x86 Jan 13 2013\cg_uinfo\13 0 100\sil_guid\587A2FD3524E61B4AD64820ED6C243C2:2\g_password\none\cl_guid\7355FD7B76ADC5B51309CAF123745B19\name\^1-SG-^7Ali^4cia\cl_punkbuster\1\cl_anonymous\0\snaps\20\rate\25000\cl_wwwDownload\1\ip\69.206.68.160:27960

12130:16 ClientBegin: 0

I just ran the dboptimize command but now i need to restart the server to see see if it made any changes.

Thanks all for your input. Ill keep trying to see what it could be. If I figure it out ill post back. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

sorry for my bad reading: 120 vs 12o  :unsure: anyway, I'm interesting by the dboptimize behavior - good luck man

No problem Diabolik i do the same thing all the time. Except I read and type bad :blink: . when setting up the server the first time i too read the letters as numbers.

Update:

It does seem that the level and xp reset issue on map change might be resolved after running the dboptimize. i restarted the server last night and two affected users where able to keep the level and xp after they joined. i still see the duplicate but it seems the last one entered remains and a new one is not generated on map change. ill try to keep evaluating today but am out of the country next week so i may not provide more updates till two weeks form now.

Thanks for the help!