Artillery - charge bar

Dragonji

I remember it was requested in some topic but I couldn't find it so I just open a new one.

Would be nice if it was possible to limit artillery callers spam, I mean to have options similar to g_weapons 8 (Fully restore Field Ops charge bar if airstrike is aborted) and 16 (Half restore Field Ops charge bar if airstrike is aborted) flags. So there are options to half or fully waste the amount of the player chargebar needed to call in an artillery when "Insufficient fire support" occurs.

So you postulate to add something that would cause the fops loose half or full of his charge bar (depending on the setting) when he only tries to call an arty and receives "Insufficient fire support" response?

Half or full of the charge bar needed to call in an arty (that is a big difference) ;)

That would prevent some players from standing in the same place for x seconds waiting with binocs aimed at the target and spamming +attack to just call in an arty before anybody else notices it is already possible.

• Subscriber

Do all players get spammed when 'insufficient fire' or just the player calling it?  If not, I don't see how this is a problem.    You are punishing a player for clicking a button when there is no clear indication that there is no available fire support.  That seems punitive. 

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting this thread as I see I haven't respond to BECK's post. Basically yes, I'd like to punish players who stand in one place for x seconds with binocs "aimed" at specific place to just call an arty before anybody else. Keep in mind that the very same thing already exists for airstrikes - I can punish can spammers by adding 8 or 16 to g_weapons.