crazygravity/crazyspeed problem

BECK

• Subscriber

So we were bored last night and turned on these settings.  Had a fun time on a map with them (chicken bucket).    Settings were enabled and carried into the next map.    Suddenly, no one on either team could move.  We just stood there in spawn and no commands (even fling) would allow us to move.    Turned the settings off, still no good.   Tried switching maps, still no ability to move.    Had to restart the server to get playability back.

We recalled that this same thing happened way back when, when 0.6.3 first came out and we were experimenting with it.     It could be some other combination of settings unique to our server, but I've seen it happen twice now, and wanted to at least report it to see if anyone else has noticed this or could test it. 

I had both settings turned on then simply let the map end and voted for a new map.  I hadn't tried turning off the settings prior to the map ending to see if that helped or not.  

It should be noted, I enabled them both through RCON first, then entered the !crazygravity and !crazyspeed commands.   By default, the settings are 0 in our configs.  Not sure if this is helpful or not.

Thanks in advance.

• Subscriber

Yeah, I figured it was probably something weird with our config.   Wouldn't surprise me if after all this time no one else ever reported it.

We don't have g_crazyGravity or g_crazySpeed in our configs at all, so presumably they are 0 by default.   Running the commands !crazygravity/!crazyspeed really does nothing.  I had to use RCON to enable them on the fly, then run the shrubbot commands to turn them on in the middle of the map.   Not sure if it helps you track this -- its almost as if gravity and speed settings are totally jacked on the next map (maybe both set to 0 or something?)     Anyway, I'm not that worried about this, its not a feature we use very often, we did it for fun but thought I'd post it here as a bug.     If you can't duplicate it, and no one else has observed this problem I'm not concerned with it either.  Thanks.

Edited by BECK

Hi

I also had this issue. On the next map after !crazyspeed the value of speed is set to 0. In default map config you must set a default value of speed (300 if I remember) and after map where !crazyspeed was on the speed will be normal, you will be able to move :). With !crazygravity is no problem, after it (next map) the default value of gravity is set.

• 2 weeks later...