Server wont let me change resolution.

Peter20ghz

Hi

I have found that on my server when i log in to play my screen always defaults to old fashion letterbox shape.

In the silent in game menu i see the button resolution, but instead of pop up the list with resolutions to chose from it just exits back to menu.

I have experienced this on one or two other silent severs as well. But on most silent servers i visit this function works and i can chose for example my laptops resolution for wide screen.

Has this anything to do with the servers, that some cfg is incorrect or missing, or where should i start to look for a solution to this?

I did try to search for topics covering this but couldn't find any.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Peter

• Management

The resolution list in the menu doesn't depend on any cfg files. The available resolutions are fetched from the Operating System when the menu is opened. It shouldn't depend at all of the server you are playing.

You can indeed use seta r_mode -1, r_customWidth and r_customHeight if you want. That is the same way the mod sets the resolution when it is selected from the list. If you constantly have to set the resolution, you can try to set them in the etmain also. Before joining the server. Or in any mod that the game loads first when you start it.

EDIT:

I was thinking too complicated about this. Yes it can depend of the server. If the server is adding custom menus, like some servers do, and the custom menu pack doesn't have the proper menu files in it. Then it can be the reason for your problem.