• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Help with XPSave & Custom Sounds

custom sounds xp save

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Petbark

Petbark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Getting Better

OK

I just remembered a 3rd file.

It should be in the ui folder called menus.txt and this folder should list all the menus you have.

//abc info

loadMenu { "ui/abcinfo_main.menu" }

loadMenu { "ui/abc_donation.menu" }

loadMenu { "ui/abc_facebook.menu" }

loadMenu { "ui/abc_forum.menu" }

loadMenu { "ui/abc_home.menu" }

}

I would also make sure all menus are in your pk3 file inside the ui folder.

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

OR, if you think you can fix it for me, I'll toss you $50 via paypal to do it.  The 2 pk3 files in question are located here bro:  http://waffenss-inc....etfiles/silent/

I am a man of my word big time.  If you fix it so the custom vsay menu shows, the 9. BMF SOUNDS one, $50 to your paypal.  That is my offer and try me for trust.  You'll find I am one trustworthy mf'er bro!

Best regards,

Larry Wall

You don't need to send me any $$. We are here to help anyone as far as we can. Sure you can donate to MyGamingTalk.com. Donation option is right on corner of the forums. 

For the playsound through rcon:

http://mygamingtalk...._.5Bfilename.5D

That way you can check if sound is working or not. You will need to give path of the sound which you would like to test.

If you can play the sound through rcon then .wav file is fine and it's scripting error. I will help you out in the evening once i reach home. Drop me a PM with RCON password and server IP and I will see what I can do.

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
A step in the right direction

I'm unable to find GUID to put into silent/database/admins.cfg

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO

Look for connect messages in our server logs.  You can get both the old PBGUID and silent GUID from there. 

@hellreturn

Yes, this is a great community!  Nice that our beloved ET still has life after all these years, due to the dedication of you and the rest of the silEnT staff.

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I would love to do that but I don't know where the server log file is (sorry that must seem really stupid)  I can't find it either! =(

Also WOLF ET WILL NEVER DIE!  I will do my part to make sure of it.  I'm creating an 'adult' server by myself.  I mostly sit around coding perl all day but I have a nice dedi I figure I could use for keeping wolf-et alive. =) 

Once I get these custom vsays going I might make a single website to address the more pressing issues and host a wolf et installation mirror as well

Edited by LarryWall, 10 January 2014 - 12:27 AM.

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

OK

I just remembered a 3rd file.

It should be in the ui folder called menus.txt and this folder should list all the menus you have.

I would also make sure all menus are in your pk3 file inside the ui folder.

Check it though, I have it all correct I believe but it's still not showing a vsay menu!  http://waffenss-inc....etfiles/silent/

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Look for connect messages in our server logs.  You can get both the old PBGUID and silent GUID from there. 

@hellreturn

Yes, this is a great community!  Nice that our beloved ET still has life after all these years, due to the dedication of you and the rest of the silEnT staff.

I wouldn't be able to setup this server properly without the help from you awesome community members.  If all of this goes well I am definitely donating to this community.

I just gotta get the custom vsay menu working, take a look:

Check it though, I have it all correct I believe but it's still not showing a vsay menu!  http://waffenss-inc....etfiles/silent/

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I have a feeling it's all the way finished except one minor scripting mistake somewhere...

It would be in http://waffenss-inc....nt/BMFvsays.pk3

I think it would be beneficial to note that I can play all the sounds from /rcon playsound sound/hello2.wav (etc etc)

Something in the script is wrong within that .menu file I think? 

If someone could fix it I can paypal you a $10 spot for your time!

Thanks in advance (seriously),

Larry

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

What error u get? Can u play those sound using playsound command from rcon? 

OR It doesn't work through UI? 

Works via /rcon here is the file http://waffenss-inc....nt/BMFvsays.pk3

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

This is a scripting error and I need to check where it's failing.  First and foremost merge your 2 pk3's to one. With 2 different ones it's hard to debug what's wrong. 

You are using DRi sound pack.. or that's what i noticed from your files...I will need to fire up my test server to see what's wrong with your pk3.. 

OFFLINE   Rel!c

Rel!c

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSwe

our sound pack is the best :)

seems you have all the help needed here but let me know if there is anything i can do.

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I grabbed the soundpack from DRI yes, but once it's working I am definitely going to be adding my own sound clips lol

This is a scripting error and I need to check where it's failing.  First and foremost merge your 2 pk3's to one. With 2 different ones it's hard to debug what's wrong. 

You are using DRi sound pack.. or that's what i noticed from your files...I will need to fire up my test server to see what's wrong with your pk3.. 

I had them merged into one initially...i split them into 2 because I thought it might be easier.... :/

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

Will check what's wrong over the weekend.. or tonight cos it's not 5 mins work. At least not for me cos it been ages i made sound pack even for my clan. So I will get u going over the weekend. (No Promises cos real life comes first)

PS: Dedicated server for Perl is over kill. SSD KVM VPS works instead of that :) Just a suggestion.

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Will check what's wrong over the weekend.. or tonight cos it's not 5 mins work. At least not for me cos it been ages i made sound pack even for my clan. So I will get u going over the weekend. (No Promises cos real life comes first)

PS: Dedicated server for Perl is over kill. SSD KVM VPS works instead of that :) Just a suggestion.

Right on I will definitely be counting the seconds until you can help lol

I use my dedi for many purposes bro, hosting and ET are just the 2 major uses =)

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO

I would love to do that but I don't know where the server log file is (sorry that must seem really stupid)  I can't find it either! =(

Not sure you're still trying to find this, but look for what you have as this setting:

set g_log "server.log"

Then, it should reside in your silent folder (right?).  That's where our server log has always been.

I mostly sit around coding perl all day

Yay for perl!

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

root@ded395 [/usr/local/games]# grep -rl 'server.log' .
./enemy-territory/Docs/Help/Tech Help/Information/Server Setup.htm
./enemy-territory/etmain/server.cfg

server.log is nowhere to be found but it is declared within server.cfg :(

OFFLINE   JohnDory

JohnDory

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCornwall, UK

try looking in your silent/logs directory

OFFLINE   LarryWall

LarryWall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

try looking in your silent/logs directory

Doesn't exist unfortunately =(

OFFLINE   JohnDory

JohnDory

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCornwall, UK

The first place to look in for the fs_homepath in your start up. What ever you have set there is the base directory to start looking in, then have a look at the silent.cfg for the g_log setting.

mine is set g_log "logs/server.log" which places the log file in the logs directory. Just look from teh base path into where the g_log is set to.

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

What is your command line to start server? And under what user u run the server? Based on that I can tell u the path. Mostly it going under hidden folder if u path is messed up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom sounds, xp save

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users