Help with XPSave & Custom Sounds

LarryWall

OK

I just remembered a 3rd file.

It should be in the ui folder called menus.txt and this folder should list all the menus you have.

I would also make sure all menus are in your pk3 file inside the ui folder.

Check it though, I have it all correct I believe but it's still not showing a vsay menu!  http://waffenss-inc.com/etfiles/silent/

Look for connect messages in our server logs.  You can get both the old PBGUID and silent GUID from there. 

@hellreturn

Yes, this is a great community!  Nice that our beloved ET still has life after all these years, due to the dedication of you and the rest of the silEnT staff.

I wouldn't be able to setup this server properly without the help from you awesome community members.  If all of this goes well I am definitely donating to this community.

I just gotta get the custom vsay menu working, take a look:

Check it though, I have it all correct I believe but it's still not showing a vsay menu!  http://waffenss-inc.com/etfiles/silent/

I have a feeling it's all the way finished except one minor scripting mistake somewhere...

It would be in http://waffenss-inc.com/etfiles/silent/BMFvsays.pk3

I think it would be beneficial to note that I can play all the sounds from /rcon playsound sound/hello2.wav (etc etc)

Something in the script is wrong within that .menu file I think? 

If someone could fix it I can paypal you a $10 spot for your time!

Thanks in advance (seriously),

Larry

• Management

This is a scripting error and I need to check where it's failing.  First and foremost merge your 2 pk3's to one. With 2 different ones it's hard to debug what's wrong. 

You are using DRi sound pack.. or that's what i noticed from your files...I will need to fire up my test server to see what's wrong with your pk3.. 

I grabbed the soundpack from DRI yes, but once it's working I am definitely going to be adding my own sound clips lol

This is a scripting error and I need to check where it's failing.  First and foremost merge your 2 pk3's to one. With 2 different ones it's hard to debug what's wrong. 

You are using DRi sound pack.. or that's what i noticed from your files...I will need to fire up my test server to see what's wrong with your pk3.. 

I had them merged into one initially...i split them into 2 because I thought it might be easier.... :/

• Management

Will check what's wrong over the weekend.. or tonight cos it's not 5 mins work. At least not for me cos it been ages i made sound pack even for my clan. So I will get u going over the weekend. (No Promises cos real life comes first)

PS: Dedicated server for Perl is over kill. SSD KVM VPS works instead of that :) Just a suggestion.

Will check what's wrong over the weekend.. or tonight cos it's not 5 mins work. At least not for me cos it been ages i made sound pack even for my clan. So I will get u going over the weekend. (No Promises cos real life comes first)

PS: Dedicated server for Perl is over kill. SSD KVM VPS works instead of that :) Just a suggestion.

Right on I will definitely be counting the seconds until you can help lol

I use my dedi for many purposes bro, hosting and ET are just the 2 major uses =)

• Subscriber

I would love to do that but I don't know where the server log file is (sorry that must seem really stupid)  I can't find it either! =(

Not sure you're still trying to find this, but look for what you have as this setting:

set g_log "server.log"

Then, it should reside in your silent folder (right?).  That's where our server log has always been.

I mostly sit around coding perl all day

Yay for perl!

• Subscriber

The first place to look in for the fs_homepath in your start up. What ever you have set there is the base directory to start looking in, then have a look at the silent.cfg for the g_log setting.

mine is set g_log "logs/server.log" which places the log file in the logs directory. Just look from teh base path into where the g_log is set to.

I thought ET couldn't allocate more than 192 hunkmegs anyway?

Also for simplicity I suggest putting things like tyranny, omnibot, mapcycle cfg in the server config. And where's the port? Does it automatically set to default if you don't define a port? I've never run only 1 ET server on a server so wouldn't know..

I think most people use serverctl or something else but here's mine:

screen -dmS silent ./et300 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip x.x.x.x +set net_port 27960 +set net_port_extra 27961 +set sv_maxclients 28 +set com_hunkmegs 192 +set fs_game silent +set fs_homepath /home/et/silent +exec silent.cfg

As for the soundpack.. did you place that pk3 in the mod's directory in the server?

I thought ET couldn't allocate more than 192 hunkmegs anyway?

Also for simplicity I suggest putting things like tyranny, omnibot, mapcycle cfg in the server config. And where's the port? Does it automatically set to default if you don't define a port? I've never run only 1 ET server on a server so wouldn't know..

I think most people use serverctl or something else but here's mine:

screen -dmS silent ./et300 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip x.x.x.x +set net_port 27960 +set net_port_extra 27961 +set sv_maxclients 28 +set com_hunkmegs 192 +set fs_game silent +set fs_homepath /home/et/silent +exec silent.cfg

As for the soundpack.. did you place that pk3 in the mod's directory in the server?

The soundpack is in the silent directory, clients download it have a look bro http://waffenss-inc.com/etfiles/silent/

I am able to play all sounds via /rcon yet I cannot get the custom vsay menu to show up despite all the scripts being existent...

That's the last problem I'm dealing with atm is some kind of scripting error in a .menu file... fairly certain it's within this file: http://waffenss-inc.com/etfiles/silent/BMFvsays.pk3

Edited by LarryWall