Chatban (vote unmute and !unmute immune kind of mute)

Dzikus

Every server has it's own rules and in many situations maximum punishment is to !mute player (for example spamming voice chat, swearing, offensive language to other players etc.)

Problem is: muted player can be easily unmuted by unmute vote or in some cases by non-admin high level regular player by !unmute command like it is on our server.

What if someone is breaking voicechat rules often? What if admin wants to mute this player for 3 days but not to ban him cause it has nothing to do with his gameplay (which is not "abusive")?

Idea is to create a specific command, for example !chatban <nick/slot> [time] [reason].  This command should be immune to !unmute and vote unmute. Also a list of chatbanned players would be nice.

Do you agree?

Would need a chatunban I would think.  Assign this to higher level admins.  There would need to be a way to reverse this.

You are right. Admins are also people and they make mistakes like everyone else. Reverse command is a must.
Both !chatban and !chatunban should be on the same high admin level with the same permission flag.

Let's see what SM Team will say about this idea.

• Management

This is so specialized command that probably a Lua script would be a better way to implement. I can imagine admins could want to use a lot of different kind of variations that would fit best for their servers and players. E.g. disabling vsays, disabling global chat, disabling all chat, disabling unmute votes for these players and so on. A lot of different cases and Lua can be used to implement all of these.

This is so specialized command that probably a Lua script would be a better way to implement. I can imagine admins could want to use a lot of different kind of variations that would fit best for their servers and players. E.g. disabling vsays, disabling global chat, disabling all chat, disabling unmute votes for these players and so on. A lot of different cases and Lua can be used to implement all of these.

Simply put - You just want to say two things: This idea wont be used in Silent Mod but I can make my own lua script?
I guess this is not what I expected, since my request is really reasonable and useful.

• Management

I said that I think the smarter way to implement it is with a Lua script. I didn't say who should be writing it. If people think this feature could be usefull, there may be those who are willing to write the script for it.