Help with installation

LorD Dopey GG

• Management

Sure. We will help you. But first we need to know few things.

Do you have shell access to your server? Are you using windows or linux.

If you have, upload the silent.zip you find from inside the silent-0.2.1.zip to the root of the ET. This is where the etded.exe or etded.x86 is. Then unzip it there. It will install all the files and folders in the correct places.

If you don't have shell access or other means to unzip the package, then you need to unzip the silent.zip locally and upload all the files in the same places as if you would be unzipping it at your server.

Finally, just start the server with +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game silent +exec silent.cfg on the command line.

You mentioned silEnT 0.2.0, however, I strongly recommend using the 0.2.1 version. I'm not even sure we have the 0.2.0 version on public download anymore.

• Management

Here it is http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/270-silent-release-021/

Note that in the last post there is a fixed version of the server side binary. Just replace the qagame.dll in your server with the file you find from it.

I also tested the download here and it opened correctly with my Vista. Can you give me the link to the broken download?

Here it is http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/270-silent-release-021/

Note that in the last post there is a fixed version of the server side binary. Just replace the qagame.dll in your server with the file you find from it.

I also tested the download here and it opened correctly with my Vista. Can you give me the link to the broken download?

that is the link, it is not working for me ):

and how would you put this in a ycn-hosting server that i bought? since idk how to edit the command line ?

Edited by LorD Dopey GG

• Management

You may need to ask them to make the required changes. You can probably use FTP to put the files or you could ask them to install the hole mod for you.

They should have given you detailed description how the FTP access to your server works. You need silent and etmain folders there. Upload the files you find from the silent folder inside the silent.zip to the server silent folder and the files you find from the etmain folder into the etmain folder in your server. The liblua goes next to the etded.

I have no experiences from gameserver hosters but if you ask them, they should tell you how to edit the command line or possibly they want to do it themself.

I made a search because I remembered some talks about the YCN hosting. I found this

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/284-ycn-hosting/page__p__1281__fromsearch__1#entry1281

So there might be an option in the YCN control panel to install the mod already :)

where would i find the option for this mod?

since man i am not really that good with this stuff ):