Adding weapons?

Twin_Future

Hey!

I played enemy territory years ago and suddenly decided to play again and also set up another server for enemy territory.
I like it, its kind of fun modding this game and brings back old time memories lol. I have some questions and they are probably really dumb, but I am going to ask them anyway lol, and hopefully come to some conclusion of what I can do and how I will go about it.

Basically, I want to add more guns to the game, can you add more guns to the siLEnT mod? I have had a little play around and tried to add a totally new gun on top of the existing guns, then came to the conclusion that I need to edit the ".dll" and ".so" files as information about team, class and weapons are stored in here. I understand that these are compiled, there is no way to de-compile them and there is no access to any source code for this mod. Is there a way to add another weapon? have I missed something out?

I managed to change the existing weapons completely using other weapon mods I downloaded and edited.

Its a great mod and I have been a previous user of Jaymod, this is my 1st time trying this mod out.. Funny enough I only installed ET again yesterday and already created a server, having fun modding more than playing lol.

Thanks for reading and be nice.. I ask simple questions a lot, its easier to get a straight answer lol.

• Management

If you want to add new weapons you have to edit the sources as well. We are the closed source mod so it's not possible to add new weapons as the source code is not publicly available. The only thing possible is to modify already existing weapons by changing the models and configuration files but rather only for own personal purposes.