Whenever I connect to my silent server the MOTD doesn't display at all. I'm using three of the available lines and no matter which lines I try it doesn't show up at all. No, I'm not using black text. IT looks like this in the config:
set server_motd0 "" set server_motd1 "message 1" set server_motd2 "message 2" set server_motd3 "" set server_motd4 "message 3" set server_motd5 ""
But with color codes applied, and slightly longer messages.
Including spaces, color codes, and all other characters the motds have a max length of 32 in my config.
I have two lua modules which I've tried disabling and still have the issue.
Silent version is 0.8.2.
Here's some output from the console:
anny\1\g_heavyWeaponRestriction\100\g_gametype\6\g_antilag\1\g_voteFlags\0\g_alliedmaxlives\0\g_axismaxlives\0\g_minGameClients\0\g_needpass\1\g_maxlives\0\g_friendlyFire\0\sv_allowAnonymous\0\sv_floodProtect\0\sv_maxPing\0\sv_minPing\0\sv_maxRate\45000\sv_hostname\^fNsA Silent ^7NoBots 100k XPS\sv_privateClients\0\mapname\adlernest\protocol\84\timelimit\15\version\ET 3.00 - TB 0.7.1 - 2.60b compatible linux-i386\sv_maxclients\28 Start of round. Cheat logfile open: log_cheat.log readconfig: loaded 6 levels, 0 bans, 0 subnet bans, 1 commands, 0 warnings and 0 custom votes Execing default.cfg mapconfig for 0 players. * Execing commands for player amount between 0 - 12. * Execed total of 40 commands from the config file. Execing adlernest.cfg mapconfig for 0 players. * Execed total of 2 commands from the config file. serverstats: loaded 4 mapstats banners: loaded 8 banners *=====INITIALISING USER DATABASE * Opening user database file userdb.db. * Opening user database file userxdb.db. * User database files open. Caching database. 5 players cached from the user database. No additional user records in the user database. * Reading aliases database. Read total of 9 aliases for 5 players. *=====DATABASE READY FOR USE Enable spawning! Disable spawning! 0 teams with 0 entities ----------------------------------- Setting MOTD... Lua API: Loading chat.lua Lua API: Loading spec.lua Spec Command loaded ^2Omni-bot is currently disabled with "omnibot_enable 0" Info string length exceeded broadcast: print "^'If you suspect a cheater, don't announce it in chat. Demo and post on forum.\n" broadcast: print "^'XPSave resets at: ^f100,000\n" Sending heartbeat to etmaster.idsoftware.com Sending heartbeat to master0.etmaster.net
The line that I suspect is "Info string length exceeded". I've got zero "sets" in the config and g_serverInfo is set to "1".