• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

how to change where the lua is located?

- - - - - lua code location

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Zelly

Zelly

• Coders
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Getting Better

why is it unsafe to start?

I didnt think this far, but I am not sure your project is needed on this mod yet :)

We just mean, if the core lua that has the et_CallBacks in it requires a extra lua module.

Example:

etdir/silent/luascripts/main.lua <-- File that has et callbacks etc. that we want loaded, it also had a line like require "util.json" or something similar.

etdir/silent/luascripts/util/json.lua <--- File that we wouldn't want to be loaded to ET

Obviously we wouldn't want et to load json.lua, as there would be no et callbacks in it and it would be loaded via main.lua already.

In other words it doesn't apply only to my project. Usually it is just one file but not always.

Edited by Zelly, 21 February 2015 - 09:35 AM.

OFFLINE   twt_thunder

twt_thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
A step in the right direction
  • LocationNorway

We just mean, if the core lua that has the et_CallBacks in it requires a extra lua module.

Example:

etdir/silent/luascripts/main.lua <-- File that has et callbacks etc. that we want loaded, it also had a line like require "util.json" or something similar.

etdir/silent/luascripts/util/json.lua <--- File that we wouldn't want to be loaded to ET

Obviously we wouldn't want et to load json.lua, as there would be no et callbacks in it and it would be loaded via main.lua already.

In other words it doesn't apply only to my project. Usually it is just one file but not always.

Aaah, ok that makes sense....well back to development then..

It was just a thought to make things easier for admins, but I do quite get it.

Thanx for a good explanation

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lua, code, location

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users