g_tyranny

=EMP=Avery13

• Management

Moved the topic to appropriate section.

Place "set g_tyranny 1" in the server config. In default installation this is the silent.cfg in the etmain folder.

Make sure there aren't any other set commands for the g_tyranny.

I have it set to 1. I've always had it set to 1. However, I noticed that in the manual it states that it must be done before the server starts.. I have restarted the server numerous times now, and it will still not work and I am very confused.. So far, this is the only complaint that I see to the entire mod.

• Management

Indeed, if it must be set before the server starts, it means it must be given in the command line.

The command line means also any cfg file that is invoked from the command line with exec command. Also, any cfg file that is invoked from any invoked cfg file by using exec in them will work.

I can only think there is another command that is giving it the opposite value somewhere later in the cfg chain you have.

The tyranny must be set before the server starts so that the players will not end up becoming victims of tyrannic admins while they are playing. I.e. if they care about it before connecting to a server.

• Management

The g_tyranny is set twice in that config. However, both set it to 1 so that shouldn't be a problem.

I would make sure the command line doesn't have a typo in the cfg name. Also, make sure you don't have the same named config file in both etmain and in silent folders.

• Management

I have that config only in my silent folder. Nothing that I see is wrong in the command line, but it still is not working??

Would it be possible to give temporary access to server so we can investigate? It works on our server both windows and linux so not sure what's wrong.