Modifying cpmtext/obituraries

ETsneak

Is there any way to make these so that only the kills of the player being spectated (the player which the demo is from) are displayed? This means, no picking up packs or server banners or anything else.

http://i.imgur.com/TVsXM9t.png

Also are there any plans or possibilities for silentmod to be more "movie compatible". For example the possibility of changing the fonts. Currently it's not the same method as etpro, is there a way? I noticed that teh console font did change but not the font for obiturary and centerprint text.

Since most of the population of ET does play silent I think there would be a good chance that some of them are great in movie making. Currently movie making is only convenient in etpro. This mostly not being the fault of silentmod, but that ImageET and moviemod were made for etpro. Right now I have the silent pk3 and cgame in the moviemod folder and I'm attempting to configure the game in a way that it will be close to the etpro movies or exactly the same if possible.

Thanks

Edited by ETsneak

• Management

Is there any way to make these so that only the kills of the player being spectated (the player which the demo is from) are displayed? This means, no picking up packs or server banners or anything else.

This is not very modifiable in silEnT. I don't think there are any options currently for controlling popup types. All announcements (sprees, mulkikills etc.) can be disabled through silent menu, but I doubt there are options for more.

For example the possibility of changing the fonts.

The font handling is inherited from ETPub and as far as I remember, we haven't made changes to it. So most likely methods that work with ETPub will work with silEnT. I'm not sure what kind of modifications you want for fonts, but there is also a fonts menu for modifying those couple fonts that are in the pk3.

Currently movie making is only convenient in etpro.

True. I don't know if we will ever improve on this area much. Free camera mode is especially something that is missing from the mod.

This is not very modifiable in silEnT. I don't think there are any options currently for controlling popup types. All announcements (sprees, mulkikills etc.) can be disabled through silent menu, but I doubt there are options for more.

The font handling is inherited from ETPub and as far as I remember, we haven't made changes to it. So most likely methods that work with ETPub will work with silEnT. I'm not sure what kind of modifications you want for fonts, but there is also a fonts menu for modifying those couple fonts that are in the pk3.

True. I don't know if we will ever improve on this area much. Free camera mode is especially something that is missing from the mod.

Yeah freecam would be cool.

I'm trying to change the font for the obituraries and the print that appears under the crosshair in the middle of the screen showing who you killed using pk3s containing modified fonts. I'm not sure how it's done in etpub so I'm pretty much stuck there too.