• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

!ban ?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   kino

kino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
A step in the right direction

Hello,

i have a trouble player on servers who change always his GUID and his IP to connect again and again.

Is it possible to ban him forever with all his GUID's and IP's somehow or Mac?

OFFLINE   JohnDory

JohnDory

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCornwall, UK

If he is staying with the same ISP and there is no one else using the same one you can use !subnetban  to keep him away

OFFLINE   kino

kino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

He changes the ISP once in a while. Is there another opinion?

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO

Tyranny commands.  Make his life miserable.   !mute, !burn, !gib, !disorient, etc...

I wrote a LUA script that I won't share here that is an auto-bot against trouble players - that way we can go about our business and play and the troll won't even be able to join a team.    Can't hack if you can't play!   Eventually they get tired of being ignored and not being able to do anything and leave on their own.

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

Tyranny commands.  Make his life miserable.   !mute, !burn, !gib, !disorient, etc...

I wrote a LUA script that I won't share here that is an auto-bot against trouble players - that way we can go about our business and play and the troll won't even be able to join a team.    Can't hack if you can't play!   Eventually they get tired of being ignored and not being able to do anything and leave on their own.

Unfortunately "your" lua script is quiet useless and could be denied in a matter of seconds. You should really learn a lot more about the ET SDK.

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
It's worked for us, but you probably know this stuff better than I.

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

Unfortunately "your" lua script is quiet useless and could be denied in a matter of seconds. You should really learn a lot more about the ET SDK.

Can you elaborate on this?  I am somewhat new to lua coding and I am also curious about game and lua limitations.  Could you give an example how somebody could deny a lua script as a client on one's server?  I have a couple of common lua scripts running and this quote makes me nervous :D

Edited by sageone, 22 November 2015 - 06:07 PM.

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

He changes the ISP once in a while. Is there another opinion?

If you have access to the underlying Operating System (such as Linux), you could look into MAC address filtering.  I have never tried this but in theory it should drop the connection if your problem visitor is not spoofing his MAC address or using a proxy.  Random example: http://www.cyberciti...-filtering.html

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

Can you elaborate on this?  I am somewhat new to lua coding and I am also curious about game and lua limitations.  Could you give an example how somebody could deny a lua script as a client on one's server?  I have a couple of common lua scripts running and this quote makes me nervous :D

If I posted it public silent mods would remove the post or just ban me because its 'hack' in their eyes :D

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

If you have access to the underlying Operating System (such as Linux), you could look into MAC address filtering.  I have never tried this but in theory it should drop the connection if your problem visitor is not spoofing his MAC address or using a proxy.  Random example: http://www.cyberciti...-filtering.html

Before anyone locks himself out from his server. You get the MAC address from the latest hop, which is needed for routing. Not from the client machine.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

He means client changing his GUID. He just doesn't bother giving proper answers as you may have noticed.

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

Before anyone locks himself out from his server. You get the MAC address from the latest hop, which is needed for routing. Not from the client machine.

doh! I should have known that :( good looking out :D

OFFLINE   kino

kino

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

So it's possible to lock him via MAC? And if he change this too?

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

So it's possible to lock him via MAC? And if he change this too?

short answer: no

keep in mind that if possible via windows/linux networking tools, the mac address can still be spoofed/faked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users