Nametags for Spectators

Flyingdutchman

Does anyone know if it's possible to see name tags of players while in spectator mode? Just like when spectating as a shoutcaster, you can see the names of players over their heads.

We are looking for a way to implement this on our server so that SPECTATORS can see names over the players playing (w/o having to be made a shoutcaster).

Thanks in advance!

-FDM

Edited by Flyingdutchman

Great suggestion.  It would be nice to have spectators automatically pickup shoucaster features without being shoutcaster.  I myself am resorting to shrubbot for this.  I had to make a logout command otherwise I cannot join a team as shoutcaster.  If anybody has a better way of implementing this please let me know.

[command]
command  = shout
exec     = makeshoutcaster
desc     = 
syntax   =
levels   = 

[command]
command  = shoutout
exec     = sclogout
desc     = 
syntax   =
levels   = 

Thanks.  This just auto fixes the shoutcaster to limbo-team switching?  I still keep the [command] syntax in shrub?

btw do you always post at 4:20 EST?

This is based off level so admins with minimum of  level of " local ADMIN_LEVEL = 10 " will automatically be shoutcaster on the server but once you join a team limbo or not should allow you to join without having to log your self out.

IIRC limbo just sends commands like you would do with binds e.g team r 4 3 

ps to adapt to your admin levels just change the number in the lua script.

Edited by Purple

• 5 weeks later...

We have noticed that it makes issue of quick team switching. You must go spec, then join the other team: otherwise you get the message "Shoutcasters may not join a team" - other than that, it is very useful to spectators to know who's who: and makes for better spectating.

FYI: We're having an event on our server Friday (all day) - come by and say hello.

More info here:

http://forum.splatterladder.com/index.php?showtopic=15467&st=0&p=85343&&do=findComment&comment=85343

-FDM