How to edit player level in silent database.

RaNeR

Can someone tell me how make both players level "5"

with the player not connected to the server.

The player below is a level "0"

d ðM €? €? #®'|`

\Îù2DD7AA7E7C77BA7217D7CF777EA7DD777^1Moon^2Walker moonwalker

12.123.123.12 1

This player below is a level "5"

Z†úM €øC /C èA €D L + _î>ȼÎ< €? ’š©Z t²k¿7B30BE8F88FDF8AC88A888EAB0A888DA^1/^2AH^1/^7K^2I^1L^2E^7R^1/^2U^1/ /ah/kiler/u/

11.112.123.11 2

The information on both players came from the silent/database/userdb.db.

Can someone point out where on this chiken scratch is the information that silent reads to set

player level.Thanks R.G.

Edited by RaNeR

• Management

The database is in binary format. You can edit the files, but it requires knownledge to do it right. Use !useredit command online to edit offline players. It will also ensure the data is properly stored in the database after the edit. With file editing you have the risk the data will not be the same for the next map. The text clips you have pasted have bad offsets.

Example how to make the first player level 5.

1. !usersearch name moonwalker

2. Select the 8 character guid of the player you know is the correct one

3. !useredit level 5

Hey Gaoesa, Ok got it, Done, Thats out of the way.

Got a Couple of more for you!!!

Can't fine the spawn time setting on silent. The respawn time is set to 30 seconds must be default set time.

I want to change to 15 seconds. can you point me to the g_ setting!!!

Did anybody ever figure out why the maps and not showing up on the esc/vote/maps when game is set to 6, Well the maps are there but are no visible. Thanks R.

• 2 months later...

I want to change mod on my server from Etpub to Silent and editing userdb manualy would be easier to me (i've many user, and i want copy all lvl from etpub). Could someone tell me how to edit this file? I've tried to open this in some datebase app's but i didn't find any app to open it.

(sorry for my terrible english but it's my second language so I can make a lot of mistaces)

• Management

You can use the !readamins command to read hand edited admin block from a file.

http://mygamingtalk.com/silent/manual/server.html#!readadmins

Just copy your old shrubbot.cfg to the name admins.cfg put it in the g_dbDirectory and delete all but the admin blocks from the file. When that is done, use the !readadmins command. You can add any amount of admins with this method. Do note, that if you run the command again, it wil rewrite the admins in the database. Possibly removing the edits you may have done using the online commands.

The old level definitions should be checked for the new shrubbot flags we have added but level definitions will work otherwise as before.

Please let us know if there are problems.

Jest to serwer Pompa Paliwowa klanu Angels of Death http://www.aod.org.pl/forum/

Już działamy na Silent i większość rzeczy już ustawiłem, ale mamy sporo graczy którzy chcieliby odzyskać XP, a ręczne wpisywanie na serwerze jest trochę problemowe.

EN: It's server Pompa Paliwowa (Fuel Dump) own by Angels od Death clan. http://www.aod.org.pl/forum/

We alredy work on Silent and have most of thing set, but we have lot of players who want retrieve their XP and manualy giving XP on server is probleming :D

gaoesa, to set old level definitions the only things what i had to do is copy shrubbot.cfg to database, and i don't need to change name to admins.cfg. But i must give admin's level to every player manualy. I'ts not big problem (not so big like manualy giving XP) but i'm looking easier way to do this to all player. Including this player who didn't play on Silent Mod before but had level on etpub.

(I've terrible english :P)

• Management

I think you didn't understand correctly what I said. You can keep the old shrubbot.cfg, except you need to remove the admin blocks from it.

You can add the old admins to the database, even those who haven't yet played on the server, using a separate admins.cfg file. This file has only admin blocks. Those that were previously in the shrubbot.cfg. The readadmins command will read the file and add/edit admins in the database based on the admin block definitions in the admins.cfg file.

Silencer, can you please translate?

EDIT:

We also have a conversion tool that can convert ETPUb XP save to silEnT mod database. But this must be done as the very first thing, because it only creates new databases. After that, adding the admins with !readadmins and you would have the old ETPub database converted to silEnT.

• Management
I think you didn't understand correctly what I said. You can keep the old shrubbot.cfg, except you need to remove the admin blocks from it.

You can add the old admins to the database, even those who haven't yet played on the server, using a separate admins.cfg file. This file has only admin blocks. Those that were previously in the shrubbot.cfg. The readadmins command will read the file and add/edit admins in the database based on the admin block definitions in the admins.cfg file.

Silencer, can you please translate?

Sure :)

Myślę, że nie zrozumiałeś dokładnie, tego co powiedziałem/napisałem. Możesz zachować stary shrubbot.cfg, ale musisz z niego usunąć sekcje "admin".

Możesz dodać starych adminów do bazy danych, nawet tych, którzy jeszcze nie grali na serwerze, używając osobnego pliku admins.cfg. Ten plik ma tylko sekcje "admin", te które były wcześniej w shrubbot.cfg. Komenda "readmins" przeczyta ten plik i doda/zmieni adminów w bazie danych w oparciu o zdefiniowane w pliku admins.cfg bloki/sekcje "admin".

PL: Ah, zapomniałem jeszcze o EDIT:)

EN: Ah, I've forgotten about the EDIT :)

Mamy również narzędzie konwersji, które skonwertuje zachowane ETPUb XP to bazy naszego silEnT moda. Ale to musi być wykonane jako pierwsza rzecz, ponieważ ten tool tylko tworzy bazę danych. Potem można wywołać !readadmins (tak jak wyżej) i będziesz miał całą bazę skonwertowaną do silEnT.

OK, i realized my mistace when i was reading http://mygamingtalk....tml#!readadmins (BTW in manual is little bug. there is "edmins.cfg" not "admins.cfg"). Now i making this just like you said. Could you send me this conversion tool, or (if it's implemented in silent mod) say how to use it? I have old xpsave file. And i can Make new datebase.

Edit:

OK, Admin's Level works great. I've only problem with greeting's sound, but i will test it later with more player on server.

Thanks for help with this.

Edited by wajdzik

• Management

Thanks for reporting the bugs in the documentation. We will fix the documentation to the next version.

Sorry for late response, but we needed to rebuild and check the conversion tool before making it public download. Here it is however, http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/files/file/8-etpub-xp-conversion-tool-for-silent-mod/

Please let us know if you have any problems.