Paid version of uTorrent is on the way

Dragonji

A paid upgrade to the most popular torrent manager uTorrent is in the works, the makers of the program announced few days ago.

Less than a month after the release of uTorrent 3.0, the program's parent company, BitTorrent Inc., revealed plans to introduce a paid upgrade called uTorrent Plus. Though it's still in development and unavailable to the public, uTorrent Plus promises to include tools that will eliminate codec problems, convert file formats, and move content between devices, according to the blog post announcing the product.

Also in that blog post, Jordy Berson, director of product management for uTorrent, promised that the free version "will receive the same level of commitment and development resources as it does now."

Around 100 million people call uTorrent their preferred torrent manager. To put that number in perspective, the security suite AVG Antivirus Free claims around 110 million active users, while Google CEO Larry Page just revealed that the Chrome browser has about 160 million users.

"uTorrent Plus is designed for people who are looking for a single solution to find, get, and play content anywhere, on any device," Berson wrote. The price point for uTorrent Plus has not been announced, The company has also created a sign-up page for people who want more information on uTorrent Plus.

Click here to view the article

• Management

I never tried this but is it possible to directly share p2p from my friends to me? More like FTP?

I know about torrents and such but let's say I just want to share few things to my friend and instead of uploading somewhere or using FTP possible to use p2p? If yes, how to?

I just want him to access and no one else.

I never tried this but is it possible to directly share p2p from my friends to me? More like FTP?

I know about torrents and such but let's say I just want to share few things to my friend and instead of uploading somewhere or using FTP possible to use p2p? If yes, how to?

I just want him to access and no one else.

I think that FTP owns BitTorrent if you want to share a small file with your friends. For a big file like a movie or so, BitTorrent would be faster, because you don't lose your time for uploading to the FTP or a hosting company like RapidShare or HotFile, you just sharing your files directly from your HDD to your friends, but you need a good Internet connection (I mean fast upload speed).

About 'how to', I will write later when I'm on my PC, on this one I don't have uTorrent :)