• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

g_gametype 6

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto
Trying to troubleshoot the cause for why I can vote in menu during intermission but the vote does not register and it defaults to the next map in rotation.  I cannot find anything relative in the logs and not sure what to check.  I suspect a typo in a cfg somewhere but not sure.  Hoping somebody has ideas where to start troubleshooting?

OFFLINE   alex

alex

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFrance

What do logs say ?

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

Nothing of any sorts - normal chatter. I even checked console for ui errors (menu) before during and after clicking vote on a map.

Seems I can vote, just the value remains at 0 for the map I voted but says the map I voted at the bottom as vote#1 choice.  Clicking ready works but doing so or letting intermission timeout returns the same results; next map in rotation cfg.

fyi this is not the same server as my other post regarding noclip

OFFLINE   Zelly

Zelly

• Coders
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Getting Better

Are there any luas?

I know my lua can block people that are not on an actual team, or other conditions, from voting.

It  is possible another lua is doing something similar.

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationToronto

this server runs spec.lua (found online), couple custom packs including menus (based on silent 0.9.0 design).  It was working for the longest time but I made so many changes over the last 2 weeks including upgrading to 0.9.0 and I'm afraid it won't be able to reverse engineer my mistake as it is most likely human error :) im probably going to have to create a new vanilla server and one-by-one mimic the settings/config of this server until I break it.  

description = "Spec Command"
version = "1.1"

function et_InitGame(levelTime,randomSeed,restart)
    local modname = string.format("%s", description)
    et.G_Print(string.format("%s loaded\n", modname))
    et.RegisterModname(modname)
end

function et_ConsoleCommand(command)
        if et.trap_Argv(0) == "specplayer" then
                if et.trap_Argc() == 3 then
                        local clientNum = et.trap_Argv(1)
                        local targetClientNum = et.ClientNumberFromString(et.trap_Argv(2))
                        local name = et.gentity_get(targetClientNum, "pers.netname")

et.trap_SendServerCommand(clientNum, "print \"^ospec: ^7You are following "..name.."\n")
                        et.gentity_set(clientNum, "sess.spectatorState", 2)
                        et.gentity_set(clientNum, "sess.spectatorClient", targetClientNum)
                end

return 1
        end
        return 0
end

OFFLINE   Flyingdutchman

Flyingdutchman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Sage, get on ETF tonight - i might be able to help you with this as I've been around the block getting the gametype_6 to take.

A good start would be to run the server, and then run /g_gametype in console to see what it reports back.

I have a feeling it might be your campaigncycle.cfg or objcycle.cfg (normally mine are filled with gametype_6 entries to ensure the gamemode doesn't change)

We can review more in detail later.

-FDM

Edited by Flyingdutchman, 08 April 2016 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users