Respawn time for building a cp

Tosa_Inu

As far as i know it was always possible to reduce the re-spawntime of a team with 10 seconds, if the respawntime was enabled as stock times, if a team build the commandpost.

I tryed this tonight on my 16maps server, and building a commandpost does not lower the re-spawntime with 10 seconds.

The respawntime is set at 30 seconds for both Allies and Axis.

So as far as i know building a commandpost should lower the re-spawn time to 20 seonds?

Or do i make a mistake and was the spawntime on stock settings 30 sec for Axis and 20 sec for Allies?

Am i wrong?

Or is this bugged in silent?

I currently use version 0.3.3

46.249.40.115:27960 sfs|Himalia 16maps silEnT 3.3 Mod

• Management
It is not a bug in the silEnT. Each command post will give benefits that are defined in the map scripts. The game doesn't give anything for just because command post is built. Also, I don't know any maps where command post reduces the spawntimes. Most often it reduces the recharge times.

H.3 Command Posts

Command Posts are of great tactical importance in Enemy Territory. Command Posts help the entire team by speeding up the recharge rate of the players' Power Bars.

This allows, for instance, Field Ops to call in more Air Strikes and distribute more Ammo Packs,

Engineers to defuse Dynamite more often and Soldiers to fire their mortars more often.

This text above is from the helpfile inside ET.

So Gao, yes your right.

This give me a weird feeling, cos i know i had a setting or maybe a file that reduced the spawntimes when a cp was build, i also seen it on lots of servers.

Must be a script file than.

I realy thought this was ET standard setting.

Or was this enabled in Jaymod mod?

• Management
There might be some map where the cp will influence the spawn times. After posting my previous post i was thinking a little of the Goldrush and something random memory of what I have heard maybe once. But I'm not sure though. It probably is a map specific thing though. It usually isn't a good idea to mess with the map balances blindly, i.e. without proper understanding of the map requirements, that is why most things are scripted and not in the global settings.