• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

takess command

- - - - - ss rcon takess screenshot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

The player screenshot admin command is a nice feature.  I noticed it has a throttle on it as logs reference "attempting new screenshot too soon after previous".  Is there a hard coded limit and if so can it be configured?  Do these screenshots route directly from the client to the server or through a proxy of some sort?  Am I abusing anything by running multiple takess commands under rcon?

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

1. It's hard coded so that admins wouldn't try to abuse the command unintentionaly and lag players who are most likely just good.

2. Screenshots are sent directly to the server from the client. Neither server nor the client makes any connections to third party servers. Please note that the client will send a packet to every server on the serverlist whengoing through it and that is an engine feature.

3. No, it has been taken into account in the design. You can do as many of them as you wish at the same time. The mod limits the number of actual screenshots per player automatically.

OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

Thanks for the reply,

>> and lag players who are most likely just good

This is where everything starts to make sense.  I was testing against an idle client.

>> The mod limits the number of actual screenshots per player automatically

What are the hard limits so I can code around them?

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

5 minutes if I remember correctly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ss, rcon, takess, screenshot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users