• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

g_campaignfile

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
A step in the right direction
I was wondering if there was a way to activate the campaign file cvar so it resembles the behavior of jaymod regarding pk3s.

Specifically:

set g_campaignFile "whatever.campaign"

I think a lot of people would like this feature.

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland
Isn't it already in the mod?

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
It is in the mod. http://mygamingtalk....#g_campaignFile

OFFLINE   phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It is set up like any normal server. Always worked fine in jaymod. I don't know why it does not work for me. Not going to speculate.

Just letting you know. Thanks for your time.

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

It is set up like any normal server. Always worked fine in jaymod. I don't know why it does not work for me. Not going to speculate.

Maybe that will help:
http://mygamingtalk....ng-custom-menu/

Especially this part:

g_campaignFile also needs the path to the file.

Edited by Dragon, 26 September 2011 - 11:01 AM.

OFFLINE   phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Thanks Dragon!

I was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. I knew it had to be something I wasn't thinking about.

OFFLINE   MonkeySputum

MonkeySputum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Unknown
I'm having some problems with this setting, I have tried all ways to get it to work to no avail. I have the full correct path to the file set in my server.cfg, but it just doesn't want to show the campaign description on the loading screen.

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame
Try this:

set g_campaignFile "scripts/your_campaign_name.campaign"

OFFLINE   blindman

blindman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Unknown
This is going to have no effect unless you actually run in campaign mode, and from wht i see very few servers do anymore, possibly because map voting is more popular?
Secondly, you actually have to a real campaign for it to point to, I ran jaymod for years like that with no issues. Basically it tells the server which maps to reference at any time, so clients would not download, say resurrection unless it was being played, even though it has its own campaign file in it.

Edited by blindman, 28 October 2011 - 08:57 PM.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
It didn't come apparent in here does your players download the campaign file or not, but unless the players have the campaign file downloaded locally, there will not be any campaign description. This works the same with every mod. The solution for that problem is to include the campaign file inside some downloadable pk3 from the server. But that has the expense that your players need to download the pk3 again every time you change the campaign.

OFFLINE   phantasm

phantasm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

This is going to have no effect unless you actually run in campaign mode, and from wht i see very few servers do anymore, possibly because map voting is more popular?
Secondly, you actually have to a real campaign for it to point to, I ran jaymod for years like that with no issues. Basically it tells the server which maps to reference at any time, so clients would not download, say resurrection unless it was being played, even though it has its own campaign file in it.

It is for downloading a menu or other pk3, not really for the maps. It works fine with g_gametype 6 (map voting mode in silent).

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users