Recent AC bans on every silent server.

*K.gEtSeRvEd

Hello,

Today I am here to appeal/resolve 4 bans that I have recently received, Claiming:Auto ban due to technical evidence of cheats. I haven't downloaded cheats in the past or the present, I don't plan to tinker with this 14 yr old game. I am annoyed because there isn't very many servers that I am able to play, due to these bans. If I am the problem, tell me. Explain to me what I shall delete, I need an explanation asap. Another side note to add, This is a fresh computer, nothing besides Wolfenstein ET is downloaded, If one of the leaders can message me and help me resolve this issue. Please do :) 

Regards,

*k.Getserved

Alias:*k.Getserved

I have a demo, I have before I am banned on a silent server...

Bans: Silent mod old farts

Iow clan no bots

Rc recruiting no bots

*Dri Noobs no bots.... 

I named the demo Banned for hax Because I knew I was going to be banned for hacks... Not using any hacks....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I have PM'd you more details so we can investigate this for you.

Regards

I am expecting a reply it has affected people more and more, the anti cheat is bugged, Etpub servers with anti cheat aren't banning me and etpro ac aren't banning me. I am expecting an unban or atleast a response on what the problem is. This is your fault and you need to take responsibility for your bugged anti-cheat! For Fuck sake! Admins are being banned on their own server! Trusted people! Fix IT! If I didn't get my point across, pm me!

I'm hearing more about so called "false bans", so if you have any more details, please update this thread.      

They haven't decided to take responsibility or even help me, They won't fix the bug and the 100 or so people that are banned now will stay banned unless owners of servers fix this bug!

• Management

I did investigate by inviting him to my server in private messages. Ban was not found false. The ban was a result of an official 2.60b et.exe on Windows having a detoured function while on a server.

BECK if you have encountered potential false bans, we would be interested in hearing about those. Send in a private message if you want to investigate something.

i have this problem happening in to my game server with a guy who i installed the gamefor him by teamviewer and everytime he connects to a silent server he gets a ban,

He has a fresh install of the game from splashdamage.

I also try download the game from et.trackbase.net and splatterlagger and same thing, banned for detected game hack.

At first i was surprised by his ban because i know him since 2004 and i was playing with him for many years without notice he was cheating and after this weird ban i connected into his computer by teamviewer and installed the game like i do for myself and voila, banned for detected game hack AGAIN!

I'm also experiecing this problem with unknown client binary (8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094)

I try to search for this client binary with this md5 but i cant, i dont really know if its a clean binary like et leagcy or something else, if anyone here know if its a clean binary tell me please!

K.gEtSeRvEd i also a player wo was playing at my etpro server for many times and i didnt notice anything wierd!

Edited by Zer0o0

• Management

I tested installing the official installer using Wine on Linux. Removed the options for punkbuster and minimizer. Didn't cause a ban. Real PunkBuster does not cause issues with silent AC. Also, minimizer has no reason to detour engine. But can you please check if either option causes it. Or if you still get the ban even without those checked. Also be sure that you don't have some other AC process running you might have installed for ETPro or something. There has been plenty of such programs out there from plenty of sources.

been having bans on my server as well with members and regulars.. They play fine 1 map and on nextmap load they get banned. I've had quite a few people come and request unbans and i've had to redirect them here including getserved just for the sole fact its AC ban and its been happening more and more. Already discovered 1 problem with mac users, so i'm sure there is more.

been having bans on my server as well with members and regulars.. They play fine 1 map and on nextmap load they get banned. I've had quite a few people come and request unbans and i've had to redirect them here including getserved just for the sole fact its AC ban and its been happening more and more. Already discovered 1 problem with mac users, so i'm sure there is more.

exactly what happens to my friend and some others, they join and after a map ends he gets a ban and i didnt installed minimizer and pb.

And please if someone knows if this binary with that md5 8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094 is clean i will apreciate, im having so many guys refused to play at my server using this binary.

2017-06-13 04:39:58 ACM: Player Leftraru silEnT GUID (***********************************************) unknown client binary (8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094)
2017-06-15 20:21:11 ACM: Player little ed silEnT GUID (*****************************************************) unknown client binary (8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094)

2017-06-18 03:24:52 ACM: Player ^pF^nor^BB!d^nd^nE^pN^*^*^** silEnT GUID (***********************************) unknown client binary (8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094)

2017-06-19 03:02:32 ACM: Player BDK silEnT GUID (******************************************) unknown client binary (8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094)

2017-06-22 21:50:41 ACM: Player Greg silEnT GUID (******************************************) unknown client binary (8c54a609fbe0d746577b75bdf2b5d094)

• 3 weeks later...

I did investigate by inviting him to my server in private messages. Ban was not found false. The ban was a result of an official 2.60b et.exe on Windows having a detoured function while on a server.

BECK if you have encountered potential false bans, we would be interested in hearing about those. Send in a private message if you want to investigate something.

what was the detoured function what do you mean by "detoured function"...what was the issue?

I have never downloaded cheats in my life...  I no longer get the bans since I reinstalled and downgraded my windows version... And one thing... you unbanned me from your server and invited me back, shouldnt you tell other silent servers to allow that since i did nothing wrong what so ever?

Thank you.