• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

How do you test your network speed?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   hideyk

hideyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
A step in the right direction

It seems that different tests show different results. I am confused. Which one is the most accurate?

OFFLINE   HarBen

HarBen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Speedtest (from Ookla) and the one powered by netflix are considered authentic. Its fast.com I believe. Just google speedtest and the first 3 to 4 results will have these two in it. 

OFFLINE   Redusl

Redusl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Unknown

As for me, I just use the help of speedtest.net and the test from http://www.meter.net It works great in all the cases for me, and I can totally recommend you to check it out as well

OFFLINE   davidsmith

davidsmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Unknown

ISPs may make great promises when it comes to upload and download network speeds. Some the website that can be used for checking Network Speeds are:

speedof(dot)me

speedtest(dot)net

testmy(dot)net

bandwidthplace(dot)com

OFFLINE   HarBen

HarBen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

However, if you wan't to see torrent download speed then slackshare results are taken. 

OFFLINE   Smith-K

Smith-K

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I normally prefer speedtest.net as that is what most people use to test their internet speed. You can also try other services but see if they even come close to what is the benchmark set by speedtest. Also, most of the ISP's have this in-built speed test for customers...make sure to use that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users