silent .4 for mac

Petbark

• Management
If the server is configured to disconnect for the download, the Mac OS X users must donwload the pk3 manually and place it to the silent folder. If that has been already done, then more information of the problems would be appreciated. Do note that we do not support PPC builds anymore and those are not included in the pk3.

This is what he has told me so far after trying to connect with .4 installed on our server.

Once I connected, it downloaded the new silent file, but as soon as it returned to the Connecting screen, the application quit on me. I restarted the app just to check if that was a one time deal. Unfortunately, during the "Connecting..." screen, the ET quit again. I tried taking all the files except the Profiles folder and tried again, but it came back with the same results. Sorry to say, but the newer version of silent doesn't get as far loaded the server as the other version did. Hope this information is helpful.

Any help please.

The server download settings are

set sv_wwwDownload "1"

set sv_wwwDLDisconnected "0"

Has anyone else had issuses with Mac's??

I have also problems connecting to FA Hardcore or Silent server with my mac.

My recent topic is this: here

I have tried with the new release now, but still the same problems..

I copied the silent-0.4.0.pk3 into the silent folder. Other than that there is only my profiles folder and this file in it: ~fearless_ssp_b1.pk3

Any ideas how to solve this please?

Edited by Gubbi

• Management

If you had no problems with silent 0.3.3 but you have those now even though you have used the same steps as you used with 0.3.3 to get to the server, I suspect it is something to do with the build.

Usefull information to us is if there would be the Mac OS X versions and if there would be any log/console outputs or crash reports. We are very limited in the regards of the Mac testing and programming as our original Mac OS X developer has been out of reach for quite a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Our guy with the mac has tried again, with no joy.

We are running .5.0 mod which is wht he has tried to connect to.

This is what he has sent me.

I have tried the new version and it still quits during the connecting screen. I am using version 2.60b4 and tried running 0.5.0 on my laptop, which has 667 MHz Power PC G4 Processor with 1 GB of ram. I tested the previous version on was on my tower computer, which is a dual 533 with 768 MB of ram. Both computers run Mac OS 10.5.8. I haven't tried 0.5.0 on my main computer yet, but will soon. I hope at least some of this information helps solve the problem.

Has anyone else got this issue?

Maybe it is something to do with how our server was installed.

Many thanks in advance for any further thoughts.