• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Differences between 'forcecvar' and 'sv_cvar EQ'

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland
Are there any differences between forcecvar <command> 0 and sv_cvar <command> EQ 0? I'm browsing the package of the newest silEnT mod and I see there is a file with cvars to force. I noticed that some commands are forced by forcecvar command (eg. forcecvar snaps 20), while others use sv_cvar EQ (eg. sv_cvar r_rmse EQ 0). Could someone explain what are the differences between these two metods of forcing an equal value for a cvar?

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
The practical difference is that forcecvars are printed to clients while sv_cvars are not. Also, sv_cvars are checked for each client frame. The forcecvar only once. I would suggest using forcecvar whenever possible and sv_cvar when you feel it is needed. I don't know has there been any reason to select one over the other when creating the default file.

OFFLINE   wawin

wawin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
A step in the right direction

Hi,

Is it possible to make someone a lua script to execute cvars every 5-10 minutes (maybe a lua script where we can set the time)?

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

It is not possible to execute commands in the client. The only options are sv_cvar and forcecvar. With both of them, it is sufficent to execute once per map as the values are placed in config strings.

OFFLINE   wawin

wawin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

I know that, but the cheaters can have 2 config with cvars off at the end of map and cvars on after new map is starting.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

Did you use the new 0.6.3 Lua feature to check that is the case? If you find such players I would recommend banning them rather then worrying how to enforce something that can't be enforced.

OFFLINE   wawin

wawin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Just I installed silent 0.6.3 and lua feature too.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users