• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Adrenaline Options

adrenaline

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   JvIasterMind

JvIasterMind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
A step in the right direction
Awesome... love the options!!!

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

The g_adrenDmgReduction is now inddependent percentage of the caused damage that is inficted when the adrenaline is on. 0 means no damage and 100 means full damage from the weapon. Default value is 50 which is the original. Over hundred values are truncated to full reduction.

I was pretty tired at that point. This is how it is:
The g_adrenDmgReduction is a percentage of the damage from the weapon that is reduced when the player is in adrenaline. 0 means no reduction and 100 means full reduction from the weapon damage. Default value is 50 which is the original. Over hundred values are truncated to full reduction.

One thing that I noticed was that the class abilities stack the reduction. Resulting for example a situation when a player can survive from direct hit from for example panzer or artillery. By default, both of these weapons give 400 damage from direct hit. First with adrenaline, the damage is reduced to 200. After that, if having flak jacket, the damage is reduced to 100. This is already less then the full health. Being a little bit away from the hit point, the damage is decreased even further. I'm wondering if the reductions should be mutually exclusive? For a disguised covert op, the direct panzer hit damage can go as low as 50 hp if the g_coverts flag 8 is set. This requires that the class skills expand over all classes though.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
One more thing to notice is that adrenaline has no effect on headshots if the g_dmgHeadShotMin is set on the server and the reduced damage go below this value. Another question would be should this be taken into account before the damage reduction?

OFFLINE   JvIasterMind

JvIasterMind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
A step in the right direction
I would have guessed that g_dmgHeadShotMin would have been calculated before the damage reduction. I never noticed that headshots did their normal damage when shooting someone using adren. Very interesting that it's not set up this way.

That seems like a tough question because it could make sense either way depending on how you interpret the cvar. I guess I would lean towards adren reducing the headshot damage along with the other damage.

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
Not to dig up an old topic - but these settings are not properly documented in the latest server.html file. I can see them in the 0.5.1 changelog section, but in the 0.5.2 download that I have, I cannot find them documented anywhere (the 512 flag and the entire g_adrendmgreduction setting).

Thanks.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
You are right. Sorry about this. We will update the documentations.

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

Not to dig up an old topic - but these settings are not properly documented in the latest server.html file. I can see them in the 0.5.1 changelog section, but in the 0.5.2 download that I have, I cannot find them documented anywhere (the 512 flag and the entire g_adrendmgreduction setting).
Thanks.

Wiki updated. Thanks for the report!

http://mygamingtalk....sses_and_Skills

OFFLINE   Dookie

Dookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationCroatia

Wiki updated. Thanks for the report!

http://mygamingtalk....sses_and_Skills

ty :)

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO

Ok. I took another look and now with the g_medics flag 512 only half of medics chargebar is used. Players cannot inject again until the old adrenaline is consumed.

The g_adrenDmgReduction is now inddependent percentage of the caused damage that is inficted when the adrenaline is on. 0 means no damage and 100 means full damage from the weapon. Default value is 50 which is the original. Over hundred values are truncated to full reduction.

Thanks for the update - according to gaoesa's post, your text in the wiki may not be entirely accurate. It presently says:

"Adrenaline only benefits the sprinting and no damage reduction."

It doesn't say anything about the chargebar, or am I mistaken about flag 512?

Thanks for the quick update guys :D

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
Fixed the g_medics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Implemented, adrenaline

0 user(s) are reading this topic