Best Hosting for WordPress ?

I run about 8 WordPress sites. Some are more complex than others (1 is moderately intensive). I would like to host all my sites on the same platform, rather than have 1 here, 1 there, etc. I can spend up to $40 a month on hosting. So a few questions:

1) Are there any "premium" shared/cloud hosting platforms out there (I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but some shared hosts are better than others).
2) Should I look at Managed WordPress solutions? Any recommendations?

I am looking to upgrade to something more WordPress friendly. I pre-paid for a year and it runs out in January so I have several months to find a new host or renew (currently paying about 26/month).

Thanks!

Choose a host who understands your specific needs, and who can sit down with you and talk about what your needs are, and how that host can accommodate for those needs.

I know several reliable web hosts which will meet your expectations: Liquidweb.com , Bullten.com and also Libertyvps.net - they have very sweet hosting deals.

How long has the web host been in business? Have they changed management/ ownership in that time or, more importantly, recently?

• 4 weeks later...