Edit admin levels while offline

NoGooD

I'm sure you guys will curse me at this suggestion, but I really do miss being able to quickly edit individual admins, intro sound etc while offline using something like the shrubbot. While I do enjoy the freedom of doing the editing in game, to me it seems much more slow going.

For instance on my server, I had certain players using different entry sounds when they connected vs. the rest of the players using the same level. It was easy to copy/paste over the sound directory using notepad and then just change the name of the .wav file to another sound in the same directory. This now takes longer and seems like it would be a bit more troublesome for other nub server admins such as myself.

For instance

[admin]
name     = ^+N^qo^jG^1oo^+D^7*^i555
guid     = [REMOVED]
level    = 56
flags    = 
greeting = 
greeting_sound = pub\greetings\thebeast.wav

[admin]
name     = ^3Scuttlebutt^4555
guid     = [REMOVED]
level    = 9
flags    = 
greeting = 
greeting_sound = pub\greetings\acdc.wav

On the other hand, I love the !userlist, !useredit, !userban, !userdelete features of this mod and wish more mods had it implemented. Perhaps I'm being greedy but is there some way to "have my cake and eat it to"? to be able to do both edit via something like shrubbot and still have the .db style lists?

• Management

The functionality you ask is indeed usefull enough to take a look at. It would, in my opinion, be best served with a separate program that can insert userdata from text files to the db. As long as the server is not running of course. Double access would work sometimes with current implementation and sometimes it wouldn't work.

More accurately, I'm thinking of a program that can convert ETPub [admin] blocks to the silEnT database. It will take a moment though because I'm currently working on adding some functionality to the online commands and also we have a critical update due to come.

Ps. Of course, why not make a new shrubbot command !readadmins or something. It wouldn't be anymore work then outside program would be and it could work on live servers. With some limits maybe.

• 1 month later...
  • Management

!readamins command added to the 0.2.2. It will read the admins from a specific file that has admin blocks. The blocks are exactly the same format what is used in the ETPub.

The may not have other blocks but admin blocks. It is not shrubbot.cfg that is read everytime level starts but this file is read only when admins need to be added to the database. Existing admins are overwritten with the values specified in the file and not previously existing admins are added.

• 2 months later...