Minor suggestions on !finger and !ban

Jhonny/Shinobi

I have one suggestion regarding each.I have searched the forums, but didn't find any related topics, hence I made this one.

!finger

Is it possible to add a timestamp to the !fingerinfo like it is on jaymod ? It would be useful to keep the different !fingerinfo apart in a chronological order.

Jaymod !finger

-PLAYER INFORMATION
slot:         123
team:         AXIS
name changes: 0
-USER INFORMATION
name:         XXX
level:        0 (I Am Nothing http://fearless-assassins.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png)
GUID:         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (USERID: xxxxxxxx)
IP:           00.11.22.123
MAC:          00:11:22:33:44:55
timestamp:    02/20/14 07:05:10
greet-text:   none
greet-audio:  none
private-ACL:  none

!ban

I am not so sure about this one, but I thought the following: Is it possible and desirable to add autosetlvl 0 to the !ban cmd ?

My point was the following: If you ban someone and he has some lvl on the server, that the !ban cmd does both: first set his lvl to 0 and then bans him for the desired time.This would avoid any double work, I think.

With regards,

Edited by Jhonny/Shinobi

About !finger:
What does timestamp stand for?

About !ban:

If we are talking about cheaters then I agree with you but keep in mind that this command is also widely used for punishing players that misbehave on the server (short bans) and such forced break should not be automatically connected with loosing all privileages.

About !finger:

What does timestamp stand for?

About !ban:

If we are talking about cheaters then I agree with you but keep in mind that this command is also widely used for punishing players that misbehave on the server (short bans) and such forced break should not be automatically connected with loosing all privileages.

About !finger:

Timestamps gives just the date & time at what the !finger is taken. In my example it was the 20 Februari 2014 at 07:05.

I found it useful with jaymod !fingerinfo, so I thought if it is possible and not too much work to add it to the silent mod.

About !ban:

Banning a player and yet let him keep his privileges is something I haven't seen very often, to be honest so I tend to disagree on your point. No offence :)

On the other hand, to meet your concerns, perhaps we could have something like !banrest next to the normal !ban ?

!ban = regular ban

!banreset = setlvl 0 + regular ban

Edited by Jhonny/Shinobi

• 1 month later...