Silent Community Server

• Management

Name: Silent Community Server #1

IP: 188.40.34.165:27890 Type in console \connect silent.mygamingtalk.com:27890 to connect.

Slots: 26

Gametype: Map-Voting

Mod: silEnT mod 0.30

ET version: 2.55 Multi Patch (you can connect from every gameversion - 2.55, 2.56, 2.60, 2.60b)

XP save: 30 days or 90K

Friendly Fire: OFF

PunkBuster: ON (streamed to PBBans)

Adrenaline: OFF

Double Jump: OFF

Looking for admins to maintain community server.

• Management

Sure we can increase it. I think it's around 30 sec or so.. make it 45?

Nope, 30 secs is OK. I just got impression that it was shorter because it didn't wait 30 secs before it switched to the next map. The voting had just started and then after few secs it switched to the next map. That's why I thought it was shorter.

It's not forced mate, it's changeable, but you have right a little, cause I can change it through silEnT -> HUD menu, but when I try to put this command into console, it tells cg_gun_fovscale is read only. Edited by Dragon

• Management

It's not forced mate, it's changeable, but you have right a little, cause I can change it through silEnT -> HUD menu, but when I try to put this command into console, it tells cg_gun_fovscale is read only.

hm, it works on himalia silEnT for example (in console) but not on Community Server.

• Management

Actually there is cvar called cg_gun_fovscale which forces the client to look like there gun is on FOV 90 even if they are using FOV 120.

By default cvar is on 1. So when someone uses fov 120 his gun should look little bit different but it doesn't. So users freak out thinking zomg FOV 120 is not working on server although it works as it should it's just scaling of 90 FOV is applied.

So I just forced the cvar to 0 to maintain the compability with user experience.

Removed the cvar so now it's unlocked.

By default cvar is on 1. So when someone uses fov 120 his gun should look little bit different but it doesn't. So users freak out thinking zomg FOV 120 is not working on server although it works as it should it's just scaling of 90 FOV is applied.

So I just forced the cvar to 0 to maintain the compability with user experience.

Removed the cvar so now it's unlocked.

Hmm, I think Silencer prefers cg_gun_fovscale 0 too :)

Actually there is cvar called cg_gun_fovscale which forces the client to look like there gun is on FOV 90 even if they are using FOV 120.

That's the reason why we're forcing cg_gun_fovscale 0 on our server ;)

When I first time played on ETPub I thought about that the same as Dare posted above "omg, what a sh*t, gun looking doesn't change with FOV, omg, wtf" and I was too lazy to "torture" ETPub's config. And it's the main reason I didn't play on ETPub servers more than 5-10 min (the second reason was cg_damagekick in newer ETPubs, I have some pro player's config and there is a line cg_damagekick 0.00 and I thought it's mod feature which is not changeable cause I didn't know this cvar works on ETPub too...).

Edited by Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What qualifies to be a community server admin? I may be interested.

Quoteing some posts from TrackBase forums...

Simple rules:

1. No constant bitching.

2. No cheating.

3. No ammo/medic whoring to gain unfair rating like few other servers allow.

4. Admin abusers will be removed. Sure admins will be general ET players only and if proof of there abuse is provide for more then 3 times, admin removed for good.

5. No team harassment i.e. Jumping on mortars, blocking doors, etc.

Looking for admins to maintain community server. Admin abuse will result in removal of admin and will never be given back.

Probably there is no many other requirements than not breaking any of the rules and not using admin powers for wrong purpose. You should contact hellreturn. :)

Personally I see the admin job as a server admin as being kinda guardian and keeping the server clean from bad players. Probably this is the most important job. :P

Edited by Koiranpentu

• 2 months later...