Tweek on laser mine

Hello Guys

You know that recently one of our servers was changed to SilentMod.

The feedbacks about the mod has been great. Everyone enjoying the mod and didn't hear about any issue about it. Only positive stuff.

Would be possible to make an tweak on laser mines? You know, the first serious studies about laser only took place on the 50's. Those mines would be much better if they had thin line textures visible to your team and could only be spotted by the opposite team through a covie or some 4 star battle sense guy. It's ok if the mine itself should keep visible to everyone, because, well, it is on the wall and not buried on he ground. Those mines, the way they are now, is the only weak point to me.

Great job on the mod guys! Keep up the great work you are doing. Let's keep the ET alive!

Best regards,

Alvo

• Management

Thanks for the feedback.

However, this would be the opposite. Removing the wires would make them laser like.

They are tripwires. The reason why the wires are visible to the teams is to make them easily spottable by enemy and own team. It will allow the teams to fast adapt the tactics to the situation, most commonly at the objective or important passages. Also, because of the way the mines are commonly used, it would be usually impossible to spot the mines by coverts. If the wires would have the same color for both teams, it would create problems for the players as they wouldn't be able to recognise which mine is their own and which is the enemys.

Players usually attempt to place the mines behind corners so that the running enemy doesn't have time to react on them.

We welcome all discussion in this matter. Maybe there are other ways to fix the confusion of the time period. And of course other options for the mines.

Well..

An easy way to adpat it would be change the glowing red or blue line for opaque ones... It would give the sense of being a wire instead looking as a laser and would fit more with WWII...

I still think would be better if allies wires only could be seen by allies and same with axis, as happens with normal landmines... With landmines you can see your own team mines as flags on the field. We could be able to see tripmines and the wire on the field and in command map too, as happens with landmines. Let the enemies only see the tripmine it self on the wall, but not the wire, unless they already have battle sense level 4, as happens today with landmines.

Only well planted landmines (the traditional ones) can't be spotted by covies... But most of people don't plant it so well.

I don't know if this is possible, but imho would be nice. But this is only my view. If you follow the link I provided in my original post you will see that some supports this idea and others don't. Normal stuff. Most of guys that plays as medics all the time would hate if tripmines changed to the way I am suggesting...

• Management

My point was that the line doesn't look like a laser except maybe in a cartoon kind of way.

Most of guys that plays as medics all the time would hate if tripmines changed to the way I am suggesting...

I agree on that. But also anyone for players who finally reaches the objective just to explode into pieces because of a hidden tripmine.

We actually did attempt making the lines thinner for the version 0.3.0, but we ended up noticing it was not possible without making them also random. Also, like mentioned before, it would create very hard obstacle if it could not be clearly seen by an attacking player.

For normal landmines it is the norm that they are easy to spot. For tripmines it is the norm that you have hard time getting the mine into the direct view.

• 2 months later...