Ppsh damage?

Dookie

Hello server admins!

Which damage are you using on your server for a ppsh weapon? Default seem's a bit overpowering if u ask me. Thanks for your time.

Yea, the PPSH has always been an overpowered game breaker in silent. I wish it was never added. Lowering the damage a bit on it seems to help but it's hard to get usefulness out of the PPSH while still removing the overpowered aspect.

"medics already have health packs" is a totally irrelevant argument. Basically the ppsh was added because of FA admins who dislike medics, like many pub servers they don't understand game mechanics. Medics may have packs but they lack things that other classes have. This obvious tradeoff is what has made ET so balanced over the years. Whenever you want an example of balance you take a look at the etpro certified configs. I'm not saying pubs should be just like scrim settings, just that it's an example of what is BALANCED and a good idea to follow as far as balancing decisions.

The PPSH needs to be lower damage than the SMG since it has more rounds and high spread. People with bad aim stand across the map and annihilate good players. They are getting lucky shots from a super far range and not really earning their frags. Decent shots stand right in front of you and get headshots that do massive damage and you die before you can do anything. The gun seems underpowered for a skilled player, compared to an mp40.

I recommend to you a value of 17 or 18.

• Management

The headshot damage is obviously exactly the same in PPSh and other SMG weapons. In default settings.

EDIT:

Just for the record, all this PPSh is overpowered is just an emotional thing coming from the players not being able to handle the thought of someone being better in a situation. The gun sound plays a role in that too. I had the same issue myself in the beginning. However, when players I considered good aimers started using it, I got rid of that problem. I noticed it didn't change the gun fights at all. Another fact is that we couldn't make it overpowered. In the beginning I was for making it strong because at the time, playing medic was too easy for me. I've always been quite dedicated medic. I just got hooked into the adrenaline for fast decision making between revives and shooting enemies. That is also the reason why it was not made available for the medics. silEnT mod is a public server mod so all the balance talk of scrims never applies to this mod. On a pub server at least half of the team is not playing exactly for the same objective on the same level. Even on objective style servers. You can be sure that it was carefully looked so that an engineer with a PPSh is not an overpowered rambo engineer.

The headshot damage is obviously exactly the same in PPSh and other SMG weapons. In default settings.

EDIT:

Just for the record, all this PPSh is overpowered is just an emotional thing coming from the players not being able to handle the thought of someone being better in a situation. The gun sound plays a role in that too. I had the same issue myself in the beginning. However, when players I considered good aimers started using it, I got rid of that problem. I noticed it didn't change the gun fights at all. Another fact is that we couldn't make it overpowered. In the beginning I was for making it strong because at the time, playing medic was too easy for me. I've always been quite dedicated medic. I just got hooked into the adrenaline for fast decision making between revives and shooting enemies. That is also the reason why it was not made available for the medics. silEnT mod is a public server mod so all the balance talk of scrims never applies to this mod. On a pub server at least half of the team is not playing exactly for the same objective on the same level. Even on objective style servers. You can be sure that it was carefully looked so that an engineer with a PPSh is not an overpowered rambo engineer.

I never said the headshot damage is different.

Using "just for the record" before a statement doesn't make sense when the statement is your opinion. It's fine if you think that I can't handle myself in a pub, but you'd be mistaken. I agree the sound of the gun throws me off after 12 years of ET but it's a minor issue and doesn't really change the balance of gameplay. It's a unique flavor added to silent to help make it stand out even more against other mods. NQ did the same kind of thing with custom guns. I have no problem with custom guns that aren't op. I can score top stats in pubs without using any adren or OP ppsh, I don't need any "oh this is an emotional thing because madcuzbad".

I realize that it's for public play, but that doesn't mean people prefer unbalanced gameplay. Luckily, we have the choice to change the damage of the PPSH and I'm grateful for that. I was only giving my opinion on the fact that the PPSH overpowers the traditional SMG play of ET. It would be less overpowered if available for medics but still OP nonetheless. And I totally agree with you, the players don't know what they're doing more often than not. The offensive teams don't know how to push and there is such variance of skill level, almost never any voice comm (but who needs this in pubs?) and lastly alot of players don't even know the maps on pubs.

The only issue I have is that worse players are being rewarded for abusing an overpowered default rather than having to work their way up the ranks like the other players.

What's the problem? You can completely disable it with g_classWeapons.

He asked for opinions and I gave mine, what's the problem? We have it enabled on our server in-fact due to the fact people like the weapon.

• Management

Sorry I didn't read your walls very carefully until now.

Basically the ppsh was added because of FA admins who dislike medics, like many pub servers they don't understand game mechanics.

FA has nothing to do with the PPSh. It was added by me and silencer. I can assure you we have no disdain against medics. We also understand the game mechanics very well. Also, don't forget that only one person in the team has affiliation with the FA clan (hellreturn) so it is not possible that opinions of the FA clan admins can be overly presented in the development.

The PPSH needs to be lower damage than the SMG since it has more rounds and high spread

The spread and spread accumulation is exactly equal to other SMG weapons. So the same players would make "lucky" shots on you with any SMG weapon.

I never said the headshot damage is different.

Indeed you did. The quote below is from your earlier post.

Decent shots stand right in front of you and get headshots that do massive damage

Using "just for the record" before a statement doesn't make sense when the statement is your opinion. It's fine if you think that I can't handle myself in a pub, but you'd be mistaken.

Fine about this part. You can have some other mental issue then. I have just recognized the one I stated from myself and reflected it to you and others who are upset about PPSh. Other things I mentioned were not opinions but facts.

Bottom line is the one who has better aim or awareness (starts shooting first) in the situation wins when PPSh is against other SMG weapons. This is based on the gun characteristics i.e. numbers. The weapon is practically irrelevant and I personally don't even notice it anymore if other players use it or not. The situations where it can make a difference is when one player is against many or if both have just terrible aim. This advantage comes from the larger clip size.

I know far too many details to even bother arguing the first part but let's keep talking about the gun.

The spread and spread accumulation is exactly equal to other SMG weapons. So the same players would make "lucky" shots on you with any SMG weapon.

Everyone always claims it has more, I argued it at first but gave up telling them it's the same. I never actually tested it, my thoughts it was the same was based on using it and seeing it in-game.

Indeed you did. The quote below is from your earlier post.

I said that decent shots stand right in front of you and get headshots that do massive damage. The reason they do massive damage is because by default headshots do more in ET and the PPSH has increased damage so that means when someone DOES get a headshot it's even MORE damage only because that's how ET works. Notice I said "headshots that do massive damage" and not "the headshots do more damage".

• Management

I said that decent shots stand right in front of you and get headshots that do massive damage. The reason they do massive damage is because by default headshots do more in ET and the PPSH has increased damage so that means when someone DOES get a headshot it's even MORE damage only because that's how ET works. Notice I said "headshots that do massive damage" and not "the headshots do more damage".

All SMG weapons give 50 HP damage on headshots. The system works so that if the doubled body damage is not over 50, it will always still give 50. It can be controlled with g_dmgHeadShotMin. http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/Silent_Mod_Server_Cvar#g_dmgHeadShotMin