g_gametype 6

sageone

Trying to troubleshoot the cause for why I can vote in menu during intermission but the vote does not register and it defaults to the next map in rotation.  I cannot find anything relative in the logs and not sure what to check.  I suspect a typo in a cfg somewhere but not sure.  Hoping somebody has ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Nothing of any sorts - normal chatter. I even checked console for ui errors (menu) before during and after clicking vote on a map.

Seems I can vote, just the value remains at 0 for the map I voted but says the map I voted at the bottom as vote#1 choice.  Clicking ready works but doing so or letting intermission timeout returns the same results; next map in rotation cfg.

fyi this is not the same server as my other post regarding noclip

this server runs spec.lua (found online), couple custom packs including menus (based on silent 0.9.0 design).  It was working for the longest time but I made so many changes over the last 2 weeks including upgrading to 0.9.0 and I'm afraid it won't be able to reverse engineer my mistake as it is most likely human error :) im probably going to have to create a new vanilla server and one-by-one mimic the settings/config of this server until I break it.  

description = "Spec Command"
version = "1.1"

function et_InitGame(levelTime,randomSeed,restart)
    local modname = string.format("%s", description)
    et.G_Print(string.format("%s loaded\n", modname))
    et.RegisterModname(modname)
end

function et_ConsoleCommand(command)
        if et.trap_Argv(0) == "specplayer" then
                if et.trap_Argc() == 3 then
                        local clientNum = et.trap_Argv(1)
                        local targetClientNum = et.ClientNumberFromString(et.trap_Argv(2))
                        local name = et.gentity_get(targetClientNum, "pers.netname")

et.trap_SendServerCommand(clientNum, "print \"^ospec: ^7You are following "..name.."\n")
                        et.gentity_set(clientNum, "sess.spectatorState", 2)
                        et.gentity_set(clientNum, "sess.spectatorClient", targetClientNum)
                end

return 1
        end
        return 0
end

Sage, get on ETF tonight - i might be able to help you with this as I've been around the block getting the gametype_6 to take.

A good start would be to run the server, and then run /g_gametype in console to see what it reports back.

I have a feeling it might be your campaigncycle.cfg or objcycle.cfg (normally mine are filled with gametype_6 entries to ensure the gamemode doesn't change)

We can review more in detail later.

-FDM

Edited by Flyingdutchman