Running silentmod 0.6.3 with et300 and sv_protocolcheck 0

ETsneak
Go to solution Solved by hellreturn,

I am having issues running silent with et300 and allowing .55 and .60b clients to connect. It works fine on etpub but not on silent.

Here's my startup script: 

screen -dmS silent ./et300.x86 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 74.91.125.201 +set net_port 27990 +set net_port_extra 27991 +set sv_maxclients 28 +set com_hunkmegs 256 +set fs_game silent +set fs_homepath /home/silent +exec silent.cfg

Here's my server CFG regarding et300 cvars:

set sv_protocolcheck 0
set sv_protect 1
set sv_maxclientsip 4
set sv_rconfilter 0

I tried adding some more cvars to values which suit my goal just to see if they changed anything, but they did not. The version of etpub I run is 1.0 nightlybuild-etpubc-20120415. Silentmod is version 0.6.3. Operating System is Ubuntu 12.04-LTS x64. GLIBC: (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.15-0ubuntu10.3) 2.15.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What kind of issues you are having? If you can elaborate the issue we can help.

What issues? "Issues" is not precise, could you elaborate on this, please?

Seems you got the quotes wrong or something?

Here's the proper quote of my original post:

I am having issues running silent with et300 and allowing .55 and .60b clients to connect. It works fine on etpub but not on silent.

Players cannot connect from 2.55 clients. I don't think I can make it any more clear than this, hopefully someone can figure this out, thanks.

• Management

Seems you got the quotes wrong or something?

Here's the proper quote of my original post:

Players cannot connect from 2.55 clients. I don't think I can make it any more clear than this, hopefully someone can figure this out, thanks.

No we asked right. By saying players can't connect we can't help much. You first said:

"I am having issues running silent with et300 and allowing .55 and .60b clients to connect. It works fine on etpub but not on silent."

In plain English it means 2.55 and 2.6b clients can't connect. No where it mentions that "only" 2.55 clients can't connect which seems to be an issue from your 2nd post.

Now their must be some error they are getting while connecting. 

Example:

1. "Players are getting awaiting connection when trying to connect from 2.55" 

2. Players are getting pk3 mismatch error

etc etc... If you tell us what exact error that players are getting we can help you because each error co-relates to different server set up issues.

No we asked right. By saying players can't connect we can't help much. You first said:

In plain English it means 2.55 and 2.6b clients can't connect. No where it mentions that "only" 2.55 clients can't connect which seems to be an issue from your 2nd post.

Now their must be some error they are getting while connecting. 

Example:

1. "Players are getting awaiting connection when trying to connect from 2.55" 

2. Players are getting pk3 mismatch error

etc etc... If you tell us what exact error that players are getting we can help you because each error co-relates to different server set up issues.

Can't load the official pak file

PM me your server access and I will fix it up for you.  It seems you are doing something wrong. Probably you also deleted pak0.pk3.

You don't need to delete those pk3's from your "Client" installation. You just delete from your server as I mentioned previously.

I'm not doing anything different than I did before with 0.5.3 or recently with etpub or other mods. I didn't delete pak0.pk3, that's the main pk3 of the game. If you like you could teamviewer me but I won't be giving you the information to my server.

I added you on xfire with the display name: ^sneak

EDIT: It was the mp_bin.pk3, I didn't read what you told me. Thanks for the help!

Edited by ETsneak